What's new

I know it's cheap, but is it a good value buy?

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Hey everybody,

I am sticking my foot deeper in the water I am looking to go of three routes with regard to storage.

1) Capri Humidor from Cheap Smokes

2) Herf-a-Dor Traveler (do they protect smokes long-term or are they only for travel?

3) or tupperware and beads. :dunno:

I am was going to start with 3 x 5 packs from Cigar International and need some storage.

Btw, is CI a good place to start? Are their cigars in good shape? I am feeling a bit overwhelmed!

Thanks!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I am sticking my foot deeper in the water I am looking to go of three routes with regard to storage.

1) Capri Humidor from Cheap Smokes
NO!

2) Herf-a-Dor Traveler (do they protect smokes long-term or are they only for travel?
Get one later!
3) or tupperware and beads. :dunno:
Yes! Both! Go to Wally world and get the snap locks tuppaware for like 8 bucks! get a 1 ounce bead tube from Heartfelt.(65% imo)

I am was going to start with 3 x 5 packs from Cigar International and need some storage.

Btw, is CI a good place to start? Are their cigars in good shape? I am feeling a bit overwhelmed!
Do a search on here for value cigars and youll find some good ones. Also the Newbie trade is the best route for the money!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
good answers Justin.

Tupperware is best for now. Once you stick your foot in the water you will realize how good that water feels and you'll want to wade out until you are knee deep. THen you'll want togo waist deep..etc. Pretty soon you'll be swimming around. Your small capri from cheap humidors will be nothing but a box for cutters and lighters in less than 2 years. The Tupperware can always be reassigned to the kitchen when you realize you want a cabinet.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
good answers Justin.

Tupperware is best for now. Once you stick your foot in the water you will realize how good that water feels and you'll want to wade out until you are knee deep. THen you'll want togo waist deep..etc. Pretty soon you'll be swimming around. Your small capri from cheap humidors will be nothing but a box for cutters and lighters in less than 2 years. The Tupperware can always be reassigned to the kitchen when you realize you want a cabinet.
Truer words have never been said.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I agree with the above, get a small tupperware that you can fit about 30-50 smokes. This may seem like a lot now but believe me, in a week you will be happy you got something larger than a 5-15ct travel humi.
Then look into the bead tubes at heartfelt, they are MUCH better than the green foam or gel humidity devices..

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I agree with the above, get a small tupperware that you can fit about 30-50 smokes. This may seem like a lot now but believe me, in a week you will be happy you got something larger than a 5-15ct travel humi.
Then look into the bead tubes at heartfelt, they are MUCH better than the green foam or gel humidity devices..
Before I got my humi and was using the tupperware I had a HELL of a time with humidity using the gel. It just lets moisture in and with the air tight seal I had quite a few that ended up getting way over humidified. +72 on the beads

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Before I got my humi and was using the tupperware I had a HELL of a time with humidity using the gel. It just lets moisture in and with the air tight seal I had quite a few that ended up getting way over humidified. +72 on the beads

Don't laugh BUT, do the Bead Tubes comes with the beads or do you have to buy them separately? Also, how long do they last or can you rehydrate them?

If I am just using the ol'e first tupperware humidor =route, do I still need a hydrometer?

Thanks.. :grinFU: