What's new

Ice Box Conversion - Done.

Big Mulac

who is John Galt?
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are some pics of the Ice Box conversion. I put the same, with some notes, in the gallery. All thats left is installing the accumonitor. The cabinet exterior (except for the stripping and refinishing) is the original, with original hardware etc. I lined the inside with spanish cedar, and from the top there are two 3" deep drop in trays. This is what we call in the design/construction industry an "Adaptive Re-use" project. More comments on my blog.

My goal was to finish before May 1, missed it by a week, but close enough.:smile:

Ron got me set up with the accumonitor, it's been running for a couple of weeks. The last picture is the accumonitor.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Came out great. Love how you personalized the under side of the top.

Nice work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
What are you going to use for humidification?
"All thats left is installing the accumonitor."

BM, I had a feeling it was gonna look nice but you exceeded my expections with that finished product....excellant job my friend! :thumbsup:

I agree with Mike's comment 100%, I too like how you personalized the under side of the top.

Big Mulac

who is John Galt?
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I talked to Ron and I bought an avallo accumonitor set up. Ill post some more when I get it. I did look at a lot of different options, and it looked like the best way to go.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow...that's great! Awesome work and a beautifully finished.

How stable has it been for humi?

Big Mulac

who is John Galt?
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks. I havent put the avallo accumonitor in yet (hasnt been delivered yet), so i dont know. On my blog I have pictures of the insulation and vapor barrier I put in before the spanish cedar. I'll post more when I get the system in place