What's new

Impending Wineador

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I got tired of using all my traveldors and my little 25 stick humidor. I began pricing real humidors. Yeah thats not happening right now. While on Craigslist I ran across this 8 bottle Emerson wine cooler for a steal. I know everyone will say its too small but its a start right? Well I went and bought my KL and got some SC planks. I went by my local B&M and got 3 undercrown boxes. Lo and behold 2 of them fit perfectly side by side on a rack. Ive been working on prepping everything in my spare time and hopefully will have it done in a week and stable in another week or so.
I did somewhat screw up one thing. I was using goo gone to get the glue from the ribbon off one of the boxes. Well it turned the wood a little darker so i just wiped the whole thing, then I realized S*!T goo gone is citrus oil. I dont want my cigars smelling like oranges. Im letting it sit out for a couple days to see what happens. Im debating on throwing it in the oven on low and seeing if I can bake the oil out. not sure on that one though

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
It's small but you could use it to sit out with some sticks in it. Best thing you could do is get a Tupperware container or cooler for more bulk storage to go with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Toss the boxes and be glad your realized your error. When you out grow the 8 bottle unit get some weather tight Tupperware bins for cheap storage. Or an ice chest or medium priced storage.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dont and probably never will keep a ton on hand. I may eventually upgrade to a full sized wino but at this point i usually buy 5ers or get singles at my b&m. Im guessing it will hold 100-150 or so which quadruples my storage right now.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Trust me, you will out grow whatever you get in the future. Lol. This place and this lifestyle leads to buying to much. With close to 3000 cigars in my stash, I'm out of room too. Get an igloo for your next one and go big.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I dont and probably never will keep a ton on hand. I may eventually upgrade to a full sized wino but at this point i usually buy 5ers or get singles at my b&m. Im guessing it will hold 100-150 or so which quadruples my storage right now.
My guess is that you never plan on giving anyone here your addy, ever. Good luck with that, see you in the looking for more storage thread. lol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good news the 1 tray dried out and doesnt smell. I finished the others. Right now I have a box of baking soda in it for a few days to absorb any smells. I will put the cedar on the sides and hopefully have it seasoning next week

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got it upstairs and seasoning. Hoping will be where i want it when i get home from work. Then a day just to make sure it dont dip then put what i got in it and search for more lol

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good call. I screwed mine up, but it's just temporary until June when I can get my drawers from John. I bought a few of those cedar trays on amazon. Threw in a few bowls of DW, but the mistake I made (wasn't thinking, I blame whiskey) was I sprayed my KL when I put it in there for the first time. Was up at like 78 RH. Took the DW out, took the KL out, left the door open for an hour. Put everything back in and now it's stable at 67. Like you, I'm waiting a day or two to make sure it stays put before I put smokes in there.

Then I'll be doing it all over in June when I get those drawers!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Solid work brother!!!
I remember when I started a very similar thread making an almost identical smaller wineador. A few months later (after a few brothers got my address), I was building a 148 bottle wineador hahaha
Don't worry though, it just give you another sweet project to work on!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well i got it set finally. It was holding 65% till I put my smokes in. Then it dropped to 62. Gonna see what happens over the next couple days. I was pushing it with my bovedas in my traveldors. I needed new ones and didnt since I was so close. Might add a spray or 2 of dw to the kl if it doesnt perk up a little by the weekend.

New question~ what about using kl in my traveldor. Mostly my 5ct xikar I use when out and about. If i dump the green foam and put kl in the holder in the lid is that enough? Or should i drill a small medicine bottle and use that?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well i got it set finally. It was holding 65% till I put my smokes in. Then it dropped to 62. Gonna see what happens over the next couple days. I was pushing it with my bovedas in my traveldors. I needed new ones and didnt since I was so close. Might add a spray or 2 of dw to the kl if it doesnt perk up a little by the weekend.

New question~ what about using kl in my traveldor. Mostly my 5ct xikar I use when out and about. If i dump the green foam and put kl in the holder in the lid is that enough? Or should i drill a small medicine bottle and use that?
Your 5ct xikar is airtight. I wouldn't worry about putting anything in there if it's just a day or two.