What's new

In the humidor

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just posted my introduction, so now I will post a question just to show how dumb I am:) I have been enjoying cigars for over 10 years, but what is your opinion of storing cigars, plastic wrapper on or off?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's a preference. You will get a slew of different responses but in the end it is preference. You can open the end so the cigar breaths a little more but the cello actually allows the cigar to breath so up to you brother.

Cheers,
JM

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Frequently and hotly debated topic.

Are you referring to the plastic around the box or the cellophane on each cigar?

Either way I leave them on. They can still breathe and the cigars are protected again damage with the cello on.

Plus once I break the seal on a box, they can sometimes disappear quickly.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Yep, just te single cello on each cigar, I really never knew if there was an accepted right or wrong way and often wondered if they would take on the cedar better if they were out. Thanks for the good replies so far.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive gone back and forth on this....

but for the most part Ive been leaving them in the cello.. and leaving the boxes shrink wrapped.. when I get new sticks lately...

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
I tend to leave the cello on, mainly because it helps to protect the sticks. I have this bad habbit of fondling my smokes and it helps to protect them in case I accidentally drop one. Now that's not to say that I don't open up the cello and take a good sniff every now and then though :wink:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
what is your opinion of storing cigars, plastic wrapper on or off?

Been storing mine cello off for 35 years,in cedar slide top boxes with the top removed. I am convinced the cigars age more rapidly and retain more nuance kept this way.
Sometimes I layer different sticks together,they swap flavors and ultimately can produce a better flavor than if they were stored separately.I also layer new and old sticks together,I am convinced it revitalizes the older ones and helps age the younger ones.
On average I keep well over a thousand sticks,and have some from as far back as 1997,but most are 2005 to present.It is a treat to hand someone a well aged stick,or an out of production or first run item long gone from from stores. Last night I opened a box from 2009 to share at a birthday party,an item that was reblended in 2010 and never did come close to the original release......

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I tend to leave the cello on, mainly because it helps to protect the sticks. I have this bad habbit of fondling my smokes and it helps to protect them in case I accidentally drop one. Now that's not to say that I don't open up the cello and take a good sniff every now and then though :wink:
Bingo, biggest reason to keep them on is wrapper damage. That's why I keep a majority of them on. I take the cello off a box when I get them in; I do it to throw in a smaller boveda in each one. Extra protection.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I usually take em off time permitting ... No scientific reason. Never read anything convincing enough that one way or the other was definitively better though logically most of the opinions make sense. But just like opening a box of ccs or the doors to a brothel ...I like seein em naked and ready to go lol

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Gavin, are you throwing bovedas in each box that are already being stored in a coolidor?

Bingo, biggest reason to keep them on is wrapper damage. That's why I keep a majority of them on. I take the cello off a box when I get them in; I do it to throw in a smaller boveda in each one. Extra protection.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
And while we're on it ...kind of ...how bout tubos. In the past I've taken them out too...just got some Cains and for some reason I've left them in...maybe it's the Ferrari red lol

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I always leave tubos in the tubes.. takes up more space.. but I often grab tubos out of the humi when Im headed out for the evening since it makes it easy to carry them (just slip them into a pocket)..

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I always remove the cello before i put sticks in me desktops. Also remove cigars from tubes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2