What's new

Indulgence 500 ct Humidification Question

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I finally have the indulgence 500ct humidor properly seasoned and filled up with 2 xikar rectangle humidifiers in place on the top of the humidor. Each of which claims it will keep proper humidity for 250 cigars.

The only thing that confuses me is the humidor came with 3 original humidifiers. Is this because it is to put 2 humidifiers on top and one in the drawer or am I completely missing something. I know this might be a dumb question but figures id ask just in case.

Thank you all for your help in advance!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346961075.732740.jpg

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have that exact humidor for all my singles. With the drawer being sc it works for storing cigars and yes you need to keep it humidified. I don't use the drawer for my cigars because I have sticky fingered children. I use the drawer for storage.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So do I have the humidifiers in the proper location? The reason I ask is I've heard of people putting a humidifier beneath the two trays in the top but I did not want to overkill the cigars with humidifiers

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I use Heartfelt beads, but I believe nearly the same principal. Mine are in little dishes though (didn't get anything to replace the squares). You might want to put one in the bottom and one in the top only to get some even distribution of humidity. With no air circulation you could get pockets of drier spots in your humidor, though with that size (not a huge closet sized cabinet) it probably won't be an issue. Your location being in FL though... if you have a lot of humidity down there you might need less humidification. And always check your cigars to make sure they aren't spongy. If they feel spongy they are probably over humidified.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
In Miami, you need to be careful you don't over humidify with those two units. The units you have will only add too your RH. I had the same setup, two 250 Xikars, in a large humi when I started back and my RH stayed in the upper 70's unless I let them dry out almost completely. Get some beads, you can't go wrong, as Solarus said. Kitty litter will work as well but not as good as the beads.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ah good call! I seem to be at around 76 on the top and 73 underneath the two trays. Maybe I should try putting one of the humidifiers underneath the trays so it's 1 above 1 below the trays.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
73-76 is way to high I would take one out and let it drop some...I also was having problems with RH and ordered some heartfelt beads...I ordered the 65's and in Miami i would thank that would be a good idea. By the way thats a sweet humidor!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually checked again a few moments ago towards the top is at about 78 and underneath tray about 70. Going to try putting 1 humidifier on top of and below the 2 trays to see if it balances out some

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Get the heartfelt beads or the bovida packs from your local retailer. 65 is by preference. Not too dry and not squishy. As GeeRawkz said those xijar packs don't balance the humidity. They only add. The heartfelt industries beads (google it) or bovida packs will regulate the humidity at their specified level. Something much needed in humid environs like Miami. I use them up here in NH even because of the humidity in summer and dry winter.