What's new

IS MY Rh TOO LOW!?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wineador build and I am currently sitting at 63%Rh and 70degrees F. I have an 18 btl. NEWAIR with KL and about 40 smokesin it. I already re-sprayed the 4 satchels filled with KL and added another tupperware filled with KL and sprayed that even more. I have the hole sealed inside and out. Any advice on how to raise it would be great! Thanks!!:dunno:

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Nothing wrong with 63 imho. I doubt you want to go much lower. I would say it will come up a few ticks once you put some more smokes in there. Until then make sure you have some empty boxes in there. The cedar will help a great deal.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As was said...63% is fine but if you like more RH make sure you use something that will expose as much surface area of the KL in your humidor. People make the mistake of putting KL in a bag where it's all bunched up together. I flat tray where you put KL in it and then spritz DW over it...depending on how many cigars you have in there...I use about 8 ounces of KL per 150 cigar and put the KL in a shallow tupperware and spritz it the next day after I see what the initial reading is. Usually 2 spritzes will up the RH about 1-2% but don't over spray the KL. Check daily.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
40 smokes is kinda light. think of a freezer: easier to keep cold if it is full. same with a humi, the stogies themselves will help stabilize. if you don't want to go on a mad buying rush, using old boxes or cedar trays shold help as well.

and yes, 63-65 is a sweet spot for mine, so don't sweat it if your smokes are performing fine. o)

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
63-65 is fine. I'm sure you calibrated your Hygrometer with a Boveda so that should be good. I use HF beads in my coolers and there is a tray at the bottom that they sit in. The more surface area exposed the better the beads work IMO. I also spread some tubes around just because I already had them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think most of us keep our humi's around 63-65%, so you should be fine there. Try going down to your local shop and snagging a couple of empty cigar boxes and throwing them in there, that should help regulate it a little more.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If you don't have fans get some. I found out the hard way the wine coolers can hide RH even with hygros on the top and bottom.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear a lot of you keep them around 63%Rh. I will try and fill the space as best as possible. Thanks!!