What's new

Is there a company...

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Or say, an ambtious savvy BOTL --- that sells already converted wine fridge-adors? (or maybe better yet, is there anyone looking to move to a bigger one that wants to get rid of their current??)

I'd obviously pay for the materials, time, labor, shipping etc, and if you're selling a used one I'll pay pretty much full retail value.....

I'm so not handy with stuff like this. I pretty much just want to plug the thing in, let it cool and reach the correct RH and just put boxes in it...lol

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
To start a winedor all you need is a wine cooler and beads. That's how I started. Done and done. You can get fancy with them later, get some shelves made (if you want) an oust fan, external temp control (if you want). You can keep these very simple or get very fancy. Just how you want to go.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
To start a winedor all you need is a wine cooler and beads. That's how I started. Done and done. You can get fancy with them later, get some shelves made (if you want) an oust fan, external temp control (if you want). You can keep these very simple or get very fancy. Just how you want to go.
what he said

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
My wants are fancy, my needs are minimal, and my skills are non existant...lol

Anyway, still would be interested in buying someone's used one but I'll start looking for a vinotemp if it's as simple as just getting the beads and hygrometer :)

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Just buy a new Avanti from Target or some other place or a Vino or Edgestar, order your drawers from Chasden on Cigar Asylum and Beads from Heartfelt or Shiliah on Cigar Asylum and that is it, you are done.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
My wants are fancy, my needs are minimal, and my skills are non existant...lol

Anyway, still would be interested in buying someone's used one but I'll start looking for a vinotemp if it's as simple as just getting the beads and hygrometer :)
Putting a couple pieces of electrical tape over the drain hole is about as techincal as you need to be honestly. You can start simple for now with beads and boxes and get "fancy" by ordering a couple custom drawers from http://www.chasidor.com/

I have a vinotemp and don't use an external temp control due to the fact that my fridge goes up to 66 degrees and I don't feel I need an ETC.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
1- buy wine cooler
2- buy at least a pound of beads
3- order drawers or shelves or both
4- there is no 4... just 3 steps.... pretty simple.

like others have said... nothing to it really!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Just buy a new Avanti from Target or some other place or a Vino or Edgestar, order your drawers from Chasden on Cigar Asylum and Beads from Heartfelt or Shiliah on Cigar Asylum and that is it, you are done.
Just checkout these sites for drawers, shelves and beads....

Home of the Chasidor

Heartfelt Beads

Shilala's HCM Beads

(James, Scott sold his HCM Beads Business to a fellow on the West Coast, Michael Edelman @ HCMCigarBeads.com)

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
I've been known to do a bit of work for brothers in need...

Two more setups going out in the morning... their new owners can post up pics of them if they want.

The thing is though, that even drawers and shelves and trays are more than you NEED. Really, to get things started, you only need to know two words: Thermoelectric, and Beads.

Enjoy your new project or new pickup (whichever it ends up being) PM me if you could use any assistance.