What's new

is this a thermoelectric

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
i don't even know if mine is ThemroE, but it works just fine. A Cigar Oasis, some Kitty litter, and an after market Temp controller to get the temp to 70.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a page on the internet with a picture that looks just like this one, and it appears to be a 102 bottle with compressor.

Thanks for the help

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have the guy selling it, look at the back-if theres a drum looking thing about the size of a large grapefruit-then it's a compressor unit.

The picture appears to have a flat rear wall, with no indentation-which would probably make it a TE unit.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I found a page on the internet with a picture that looks just like this one, and it appears to be a 102 bottle with compressor.

Thanks for the help
I may have mis understood, but i can't imagine that the cooler pictured is a 102 bottle cooler.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy who has it for sale sent me and email with the model number and it is a compressor type and a 42 bottle Haier.

Thanks for all the replies

justinphilly

makin dollars out of $.15
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if it hold < 35 or so bottles, then chances are, its a thermo.. As far as I know, thermo-electric are smaller units...

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
i do not think that that is a thermo, i have done alot of research on the thermo's before i bought my vinotemps and that model never came up. I am about 99&#37; sure...

Anyway i have heard that alot of the "normal" wine coolers perform just as well as the thermos. Let us know how it goes!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I didn't buy it. Broke down and bought the 28 bottle vinotemp and in the process of getting it set up.

Thanks for all the help:clap:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Along these lines have opportunity to start a wineador project via a Craig list opportunity... Can anyone confirming this model number is Thermoelectric?

Haier HVFM20A

Can't seem to get a definitive answer from Google or even online manuals I've been able to access.

Thanks Brothers, together we are STRONGER!!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Along these lines have opportunity to start a wineador project via a Craig list opportunity... Can anyone confirming this model number is Thermoelectric?

Haier HVFM20A

Can't seem to get a definitive answer from Google or even online manuals I've been able to access.

Thanks Brothers, together we are STRONGER!!
Link #8 on google said it was thermoelectric, then another said compressor. Contact the seller and ask

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I'm gonna say since the post was started in 08 when Craig and I joined it was TE but is now compressored! :)

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Funny, I realized how old this thread was after I posted. The search engine hasn't been rebuilt so when you search for things it brings old results up on the first search page. Plus that "you sure you want to post in this old ass thread" plugin obviously isn't installed yet, lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes searched on Haier and thought this was on point. Owner of Haier is clueless and mdl number yields conflicting search results, may have to take a ride and look at it. Thanks brothers.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have a Haier unit, but different model. It reads in the manual that you might hear gurgling sounds, which is refrigerant through the pipes. This would mean it is a compressor. Fortunately Haier is one of the companies who make a plate-cooling unit instead of a fan-assisted evaperator. This will cool without removing humidity very much. Mine is larger and uses that plate-cooling. It has been running for over a month now, and is fantastic ! I really doubt that being as big as that unit is, it would be thermoelectric. I bet the guy is having a hard time identifying what kind of unit it is because the plate takes up the whole back wall of the unit inside and has no fan.
I would take a serious look at that unit because if you are in need of cooling, these units work really well.
Hopefully this helps a bit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Zedman for the insight into Haier units very helpful!! Relying on your experience I think I will give it a shot seems like a great deal if it works... Can't wait to start the wineador my humidor overfloweth....