What's new

Is this ok for now?

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I got more sticks than my little 25 ct. humi could handle comfortably... no surprise there. I am saving up for a larger one but until then I loaned one from a friend... it has the natural finish.

It's a couple years old but seems fine. I split up the sticks up between the two. I finally got some distilled water and filled the tray under the natural finish humi and also filled the florist style foam disk in the blue guy.

The disc looked a little nasty which worried me... but I plan on replacing it with beads or getting a larger humi soon, so hopefully it's not an immediate issue. The water has only been in for a couple hours and blue reads 62 and the natural reads 68. It's been pretty cold in my house lately so I've been keeping them in the closet under blankets :crosseyed. Since my stash has grown I have started worrying more about their storage. Since I have the chance, I thought I'd ask a pro... is this setup alright for now?

Thanks brother

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
You should season them before putting your cigars into them.
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=3277"]http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=3277[/ame]

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
you just have to go through the process of seasoning the humidor properly. If there is a doubt, than a big piece of tupperware and a boveda will work fine. will

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ron
Did not see this was in the Ask Ron forum sorry if it was out of line for me to answer the OP.I was half asleep at my desk when I seen the post.
Jim

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
That gel disc looks a little moldy, if so you probably shouldn't use it.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
That tray in the natural finish is pretty cool.
It was hand made in the Philippines to my friends specifications.

That gel disc looks a little moldy, if so you probably shouldn't use it.
That's why I was worried. I can't tell if it's mold or not though. The natural finish has an RH of 70 now... and the blue now has raised to 65 and stayed steady.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So take the disc out and put in a soaked Humi-Care pillow?
I would think that would be good enough to hold 65 RH. Just crack the lid until the RH drops down to what you want then throw the pillow in and close it back up. Check the RH in a day or two and see where it is holding. I would take the disc out if it was me. Don't care for the discoloration on it