What's new

ISO Spanish Cedar

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
both 1/8" sheets and empty boxes...

after too many headaches trying to battle humidity in the winter months in my overflowing desktop humidor...I've decided to finally take the plunge and set up my coolidor

I've got plenty of beads....a digital hygrometer...and plenty of smokes to store.

I'm in the market for the cooler now...and would like to find some cedar to line it, and a few boxes to help store smokes/offset & regulate humidity.

any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks brothers!

I know...I know...I'm toast and all...yeah yeah yeah....:glassesgr

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I don't line mine. Just have a bunch of boxes which I got from my local shop. Cigarbid (maybe Holts) offers empty cedar boxes for a small price.

Lastly, just buy more to fill it up.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Just one.

Let me check my local B&M, sometimes they accumulate a stack of them.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
How many boxes do you need. I seem to have a few lying around. PM me dude.

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't really need much Spanish Cedar in a cooler, since they are pretty tight, as long as you keep an eye on conditions in there.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I lined mine using cigar box panels. Just be careful not to mess them up when you are breaking down the box. But some stick on velcro dots and a few broken down cigar boxes and you are good to go. to buy milled cedar would be overkill in my opinion.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The velcro is a nice idea.
Yeah came off easy when I switch to the wine fridge. I used those same panels, with some zip ties, to fashion shelves for the fridge. I used the existing wire shleves and snapped off the wavey looking bottle holder part, the drilled a couple holes in the cedarpables, zip tied it and made shelves. I'll get some pictures someday.