What's new

Issues with New-Air cooler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I bought a new-air cooler a few years back. It was working OK but recently I have been noticing something odd. I will be in the room and then I will hear it beep like when i adjust the temp. Then I go to look at it and its like it resets to the default temp and display. Anyone else have issues with their new air doing this? Also at point the fan would rev up super high for like 3 seconds then down for 3 seconds and just repeat this ove and over again. That seems to have been fixed after I cleaned the fans.

Also I keep at at 65 and 65 but sometimes the smokes seem dry so I will move what i am planning on smoking to my desktop witch if more like 67/70. Is it just normal fro them to be a little drier at 65/65

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
It's a matter of taste, really. If you like your smokes more humidified, store them at that humidity. Some guys swear by 65, but if you think they smoke better closer to 70, that's totally up to you bro. I have found that in my wineadors, I keep everything at around 65. My desktop sits closer to 68-69. I pulled a smoke out of there the other day that smoked great. Flavors popped out much more than normal with the same stick I had at 65. I am seriously considering running my humidity a little higher on my cigars now.

I have not had the same issues with the Newair either, so I cannot comment on that.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Sounds like two separate issues.
1) intermittent power loss this could be from many sources. The plug may be loose in the socket. The unit might have a short in its wiring. Your house could be getting a short outages from the grid. Any one of these could be the source. An electrician can trouble shoot this for you or a small back up power supply could also help to at least isolate the problem to the unit itself.

2) the dry stick issue could be where and how you measure your RH. I've experiences variances in temp from the top of the unit to the bottom of up to 3-4 deg. The drawers also tend to be colder. The areas with the cooler temps tend to have a higher RH. This I believe is because the warmer air can hold more water the cooler air this the same amount of water has a higher relative humidity when the temp is lower. So if you measuring the RH in a cooler part of the wino,(say the bottoms in a drawer) and it shows 65. It could be as low as 61 in the warmer areas at the top of the wino. Try getting multiple hydrometers and Monitor the temp and RH at multiple units. Shoot for a range rather than just one set RH. I try to keep my low end above 63 and my high side below 69. Also add a large pouch of Boveda in each drawer. This helps to fine tune the RH accords the whole unit.

Hope this helps.