What's new

It Happened

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So not long ago I was bombed my first ever cigars to get into smoking... Then I got my first tupperdor to go with them.... Then I bought my first desktop which was quickly filled...

Then I got my 12 bottle vino to up my storage, thinking "I will never smoke this many cigars ever"

and now I am looking at my first coolerdor long storage facility..... What have I got myself into.. The reason I am looking into this is because I want to get into CC once I find some reliable sources and want to put them down for a long sleep and just smoke whats in the vino.....

I never believed anybody when they said that one vino wouldnt be enough.....

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's funny. Once here, you find out how much space you REALLY need. This thing that we call a cigar is a temptress one, she doesn't rest until you find yourself either out of room, or in trouble with the wife ...

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
That's funny. Once here, you find out how much space you REALLY need. This thing that we call a cigar is a temptress one, she doesn't rest until you find yourself either out of room, or in trouble with the wife ...
Very wise statement. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Trying to figure out where I could put a coolerdor in my house to keep it below 75
Find the cooldest room in your house, even if its just a few degrees. The "easiest" system I've come up with is i cover the cooler with a wet towel i keep in the fridge, I have 2 that i just keep in rotation. this works great then again it rarely gets that hot where I live.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Make sure your buying what youll still love in a year+. If not you'll be selling a ton just to get rid of them. Happend to most of us when we jumped off the slippery slope. Have fun with everything.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Make sure your buying what youll still love in a year+. If not you'll be selling a ton just to get rid of them. Happend to most of us when we jumped off the slippery slope. Have fun with everything.
Now there's some seriously sound advice!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That's kinda hard with isom cigars though..esp since ppl age them for years b4 smoking

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
That's kinda hard with isom cigars though..esp since ppl age them for years b4 smoking
When u start to try them (hopefully in 3-5 packs) even youthfull vintages will pretty much tell you if you'll like that same marca/vitola 5 years later. I was talking more about the NCs you are currently buying up now though.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Nope, it's sound advice for any kind of cigar. Give a few things a try first before laying in serious stores to age. You're not going to like every CC you try equally well. Better to give some things a try and stock up on the things you actually want to smoke when they hit their peak.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
When u start to try them (hopefully in 3-5 packs) even youthfull vintages will pretty much tell you if you'll like that same marca/vitola 5 years later. I was talking more about the NCs you are currently buying up now though.
Nope, it's sound advice for any kind of cigar. Give a few things a try first before laying in serious stores to age. You're not going to like every CC you try equally well. Better to give some things a try and stock up on the things you actually want to smoke when they hit their peak.
Thanks everybody....picking up a cooler this week.. gonna pick up some 3 oor 5ers and start buying...lol