What's new

John Nelson Humidor project

coppereagl

Not looking for trouble, but if it finds me....;)
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A few of you probably saw me poking around for information on John's humidors. Most of you are already familiar with Johns work, if not see the storage thread and search John Nelson( I would add a link but I'm kinda stuck with limited options posting), it is not difficult to find and pretty much every brother with a wineador knows who he is.

I was reading about his work for the drawers and shelves and saw a humidor in his photo, plus someone hinted that as well. I happen to have already been shopping around for a well made, quality humidor. I wanted more than the cheap crap we usually buy a few hundred bucks, but not quite 1500$ or more range. So I asked around but no one had any further information so as instructed I emailed him. And I added that if I got ahold of him and it was true I would create another thread for his humidor work.

Well as I promised, I emailed him and he answered, and for the past week or two we have been conversing working out the finer details. He currently has a 75 piece ready, here are the photos...

Anybody familiar with Johns work knows hes an exceptional craftsman, and a stickler for detail. We are still working out the final details for my box, but so far it will be a 200 ct, three dividers inside, two removable trays. The exterior wood mahogany will be the same as the smaller unit pictured above. The lumber is limited, over 25 years old the species of south american mahogany is no longer available.

I will post further details as they finalize, and Im going to ask John to throw out a few progress photos once he gets started, stay tuned!

coppereagl

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@ChuckMejia , I have done quite a bit of research on the wineadors, they look damn good especially with johns shelves. I may down the road invest in one especially for boxes(for the man cave), but for now the desktop is the size im looking for and I have a particular place in my office/ library for it.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
image.jpg image.jpg I was lucky enough to win one of John's humidors in the OE raffle. Just like the drawers and shelves that he has done for many here it is well constructed and quite beautiful. My next step is going to be to contact him for some dividers.

coppereagl

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
View attachment 69270 View attachment 69271 I was lucky enough to win one of John's humidors in the OE raffle. Just like the drawers and shelves that he has done for many here it is well constructed and quite beautiful. My next step is going to be to contact him for some dividers.
Hey I appreciate the photos, thanks for adding! I believe after seven or eight emails this should be our final transaction, and the build will begin (or atleast I hit the waiting list lol) ill keep you posted. Let me know what you think of the dividers when you get them. I know he does the friction lock ones you can adjust (he said he uses dark closed cell foam on his rather than felt). Or in my case he is doing the drop in slots, similar to what he does on the drawer dividers for the wineadors.