What's new

Just started my Wineador project; Need some help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BACKGROUND: I just started my wineador project and need help. I have a 18 bottle Thermoelectric NewAir that just came in and I have cleaned it out for a few days using what has been suggested and it seems to have worked. I then plugged the back condensation hole with electrical tape and also plugged the outside hole as well for an extra seal. I then purchased the trays from cheaphumidors.com and seasoned them a few days spraying distilled water once a day and wiping the excess water and placing them in the wineador. Exquisicat KL was purchased as well as some netting pouches from Petsmart. I have approximately 2 1/2 pds in there in 4 differant pouches. Now my questions are as follows, 1.) Will my humidity come up when I put a decent amount of cigars in there? 2.) How much water distilled should be sprayed on the individual KL bags? I have a 2nd digital hygroset hygrometer coming in today as well as a Boveda accu pouch to ensure accuracy for the hygrometers. Sorry if this was long winded:help: By the way, check out the Flying Pig on top I found! LOL

Attachments

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice project. I plan on starting mine when I get settled at the end of summer (army life :( ). To answer your questions: 1. Humidity will likely drop as the cigars will absorb what moisture is there.
2. Not familiar with that exact bag but I usually dip bags for 30 seconds in PG.
HAVE FUN ! Love that box bro.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Your humidity should be more stable the Fuller that gets. It is really hard to maintain a constant in a empty humidor.

I am under the school of thought that a little movement of humidity at a time is best. I would never dip or submerge my beads, and definitely not on PG. Always use distilled water.

Just my opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let mine set up for a week before I but sticks in it. I let it run and kept recharging the beads every other day. It will fluctuate until you get it loaded with stich and then its rock solid except when you need to top of the beads. Best investment for my cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Craig Mac your answer seems to make sense. I'll do some research on this. I've only recently started with beads. I like to be well informed.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
No real measurement for how much water to spray...I use a mister bottle and spray till about 75% of beads are clear. Then I wipe off all of the extra moisture from bag to prevent any wet spots in humi. Then set and forget...love HF beads...usually really stable and not a lot of attention needed. Once you fill that bad boy up you should not have any issues.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much for your insight. I am now sitting at 67 Rh and 66 degrees on the upper hygro and one Rh lower on the lower one which makes sense since humidity rises which isn't bad given it's empty other than a couple leftover cigars. I will be ordering around 120 or so cigars from CI in the very near future and I'll let you know how the readings fluctuated once stocked. Take care!