What's new

keeping track of cigars

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you guys keep track of what cigars are what in your humidor?
I have alot of singles, maduro, double maduro etc, all of which have the same bands.

Wigwam_Motel

Banned
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How do you guys keep track of what cigars are what in your humidor?
I have alot of singles, maduro, double maduro etc, all of which have the same bands.
My buddy does an excel sheet, with date, price etc. Not a bad system, he just writes down what he smokes etc. and updates the sheet. Not hard, since you get into it.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I tried keeping a cigar journal, using excel, cigar specific software but end of the day I can never keep up with that stuff the easiest way for me is just using my memory. I don't see the need to maintain a cigar inventory per se unless you're in a situation where your cigars can get swiped or live with a roomie who likes smoking from your stash and you need to keep track of them.

You may want to keep a cigar journal to keep track of what you liked as compared to what you didn't which is a completely different ball game. However even so I find this site is the best cigar journal out there. If you're the type who likes to write why not post a review of the cigar you smoked? it will help others as well as be a some what permanent reference for you. I don't see this site going any where.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Where is the fun in keeping track? I like digging through and finding a little treasure in the bottom of some radom single box. Yippee WOAM or HooRaa Padron 64.....not that I would forget about a Padron 64, but you get the picture.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I don't have time to keep track of that stuff. Just smoke them.

Every year I wind up with a bunch of unbanded smokes that I have no idea what the heck they are. I just go through a week of smoking cigars with no idea what I'm smoking. If I like it, it's a fun suprise, if I don't, I chuck it and don't worry about it!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I tried keeping track on excel, for purchase date purposes, that never worked out, then I tried a regular old pen-n-paper, that became a pain trying to shuffle through multiple papers to find a single stick, adding, striking sticks, blah blah...

Now, more recently in my new cabinet, I put older sticks in a couple trays towards the bottom, and newer sticks in trays towards the top, for singles - so everything goes from current to 18-24 months ago, and everything in between. For boxes, I write a date on the bottom of the box.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I don't have time to keep track of that stuff. Just smoke them.

Every year I wind up with a bunch of unbanded smokes that I have no idea what the heck they are. I just go through a week of smoking cigars with no idea what I'm smoking. If I like it, it's a fun suprise, if I don't, I chuck it and don't worry about it!
I have the same thing. My mystery cigar box. I rarely chuck one though as they all are from the big cooledor.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Where is the fun in keeping track? I like digging through and finding a little treasure in the bottom of some radom single box. Yippee WOAM or HooRaa Padron 64.....not that I would forget about a Padron 64, but you get the picture.

Yea I do like putting a couple of cigars in the very bottom box in the coolidor and find it about 6+ months later and it like finding that $5 in your coat pocket at the start of winter.