What's new

Lacquer smell on new wino drawers

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered a complete wineador, 5 drawers.. Etc. No issue with any of it, solid construction... but holy fack, the lacquer or vanish (whatever you call this stuff) on the drawer faces reeeeks.

Any advice on eliminating those fumes?

Should I set the drawers aside and let them air out, or should I leave them in with baking soda or charcoal... or some other idea?

Obviously, I wouldn't want cigars stewing in that smell.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wineadors.com (Forrest).
I bought mine from him too... You probably wont like the answer I'm about to give... but......

It took more than a month for me to get the smell to go away... I left them on my balcony for 3 weeks, and then in my empty wineador for 2 more with activated charcoal. Had I of known it would have been like that, I would have ordered the unfinished fronts instead.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I bought mine from him too... You probably wont like the answer I'm about to give... but......

It took more than a month for me to get the smell to go away... I left them on my balcony for 3 weeks, and then in my empty wineador for 2 more with activated charcoal. Had I of known it would have been like that, I would have ordered the unfinished fronts instead.
Wow, that's ridiculous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So, the smell did go away, and your cigars don't taste like you stored them in a paint can?

Waiting sucks... but if I have to, then I have to. I just want to make sure it eventually becomes right.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, the smell did go away, and your cigars don't taste like you stored them in a paint can?

Waiting sucks... but if I have to, then I have to. I just want to make sure it eventually becomes right.
It did. It just took way too long to be able to enjoy them imo. Hell, I cant remember any time I've stained something and clearcoated over it and it stunk as bad as these did. Just make sure you give them plenty of time outside of the wino to air out before sticking them in there... Once the smell got down to barely noticeable I put them in the wino with the charcoal and it all worked out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Way too long" seems to be the theme with him, though. I ordered this on April 4... so the excitement of using the wineador "soon" disappeared two months ago.

This is also the reason I didn't contact him immediately to tell him that I want the drawers switched for unfinished ones... these thing will likely clear out long before new ones would get to me.

It just sucks for the cigar community that he is pretty much the only one... if he had competition, he'd have to get his shit dialed in better.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0