What's new

Large Humidor - amount of beads ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got this exact model of humidor
http://www.cigarsclub.com/images/monarca.jpg

and I would like to replace the foam within the two removable drawers by Heartfelt beads.
My question concerns the weightof beads i should employ. The humidor measures are H = 170cm x 36.5cm x 58.5cm.
I calculated (or at least tried!) a volume of 10 cubic feet leading to a weight of 2 lbs of beads.
Hope that some Brothers using imperial system, tell me if I'm right or if I'm totally wrong concerning figures !
Thank you in advance.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
did you use the calculator on the heartfelt beads site? using the measurments you gave me i come up with 362992.5 cu cm. if you divide that by 141600 cu cm(area a pound of beads requires) you need 2.56 lbs of beads. I think an active humidification system used in conjunction with beads would be your best option. I'm no expert but thats my advice.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
did you use the calculator on the heartfelt beads site? using the measurments you gave me i come up with 362992.5 cu cm. if you divide that by 141600 cu cm(area a pound of beads requires) you need 2.56 lbs of beads. I think an active humidification system used in conjunction with beads would be your best option. I'm no expert but thats my advice.
Based upon Daniel's calculations go with 3 - 3.5 lbs of beads....overkill is not a real issue and you will have quicker recovery time when you go in and out of the humidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your advice and thanks for having talked about the calculator, I did'nt notice there was one !
Concerning the electric humidification system, I'd love to buy one but still don't know if i should go for a Cigar Oasis II XL or an Hydra LG (but this will be another post I guess)

Last edited: