What's new

Logitech Squeezebox Duet

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone got one of these? Squeezebox Duet The wife and are have been listening to a lot more radio / music lately. We have a nice set of wireless out door speakers that I connect to my laptop and play itunes or Sirius thru.

With this I can stream internet radio, cds, Sirius etc thru it. I was thinking of picking up a wireless speaker package and installing thru out the house to listen when we are in different rooms. The only set back is it cannot play DRM protected music (most itunes or micrsoft downloads). But with all the internet radio stations and Sirius I think it would be great.

If someone has one or has used one let me know.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My in-laws have one, and they absolutely love it. They use it all the time.

I got their old one (the model that preceded the Squeezebox), and hooked it up, but I haven't gotten it working correctly yet. I R DUM when it comes to making stuff work on a network, thankfully my FIL is pretty awesome at it, I just have to get him over to help me one Saturday.

For your DRM music, get a program to convert those files to MP3, and be done with it. Programs are less than $50 from what I've found.