What's new

Looking for a cabinet humido

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my collection has grown to a point that I have 4 100 count humidors, 6 topperware humis and 4 ziplock bags of cigas.
It is driving my crazy(. Cause my wife it's driving me crazy, lol) having cigars all over. I been looking around for something like the tower of power with the drawers, I am open to suggestions. I will like it to be black cause it will match all the furniture of the house. What you Guys recommend? Or know someone that knows someone that can help a BolT to get a good deal. Thanks in advance for any recommendation or and help!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your area craigslist? There were are always lots of cabinets in Florida available back when I was scoring the contry for the right one.

Phil

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked all Fl Craigslist . I have seen a couple but the only problem it's that having all the furniture in the house black,
I am forced( by the law) to make my best attempt in getting a black one. Wish it was as easy as getting cigars, Lol!

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I have a custom avallo. Both Ron C and Matt, he builds the cabinets, are great to work with. They will make sure your happy and work with you on whatever style cabinet you want, custom or not. I couldn't be happier, well I could but there's ni way I could afford the cooled cabinet. Otherwise I love love love my piece. Set it and forget it.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
+1 on being patient and keeping an eye on craigslist, that's how I lucked out with my cab. If you can afford the avallo go for that, they are beautiful, but if on a tighter budget a second-hand would be substantially cheaper. I also thought about the tower of power but shipping was outrageous on the thing, trying to find one you can pick up yourself would be your best bet. Good luck!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I don't get, the price of the power of tower it's right, but when you add the shipping for me it's not worth it( for being a china product,that wholesale for like 300)No one will let you pick the cabinet up so you can save that money. It was cheaper for me to buy it online from a store in Mass( 150 for shipping) than buying it from an online store from Fl( they wanted 250 for shipping). So if I can find some one to build me one like the tower of power for a competitive price( 800-1000) I will go for Made in the USA.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
So if I can find some one to build me one like the tower of power for a competitive price( 800-1000) I will go for Made in the USA.
This right here is why I ended up buying a made in china tower humidor and put an Aristocrat set & forget system in it. I needed it to be a certain size to fit the space I was putting it in but I wanted the capacity an armoir style cabinet would offer. I priced them with Aristocrat and couldn't afford it. I was able to get the cabinet and set & forget system for about $1100 total shipped. I know the cabinet isn't as nice as Avallo or Aristocrat but it's works well as long as you have a nice humidification system. Here's a pic of mine:

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice Larry! I think I have the same problem that u had. I have an specific place for it and according to that thats
Why I was looking at the tower of power. I also like the simplicity and funtionability of it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry, Brain storming about it , I am going to do what you did. I checked different sites and I could get the cabinet without the humidification system delivered for around 750 and then buy the humidification system. Now the big question is, what system to choose? What are you guys recommendation between the Avallo system, the set it and forget it system and the cigar oasis II XL? Thanks for your time guys!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was good timing for me for this post. I am starting to think about a "good cabinet" because I am now overflowing from my other. Any opinions on avallo vs aristocrat. I have been reading good things about both.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had all but pulled the trigger on a Tower of Power online at Tampa Humidor (actually, they call it a Pienza, but it looks indistinguishable) when I heard that Cbid used to occasionally have them for sale--and someone allegedly got one for $350 plus $50 shipping. Sounds almost like an urban legend to me. Nevertheless, I just re-commissioned the 4th humidor (that I was about to put on eBay) and have a little breathing room for a while, so I'll keep an eye on that site and Craigslist and see if a miracle happens. The man cave NEEDS a tower.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Larry, Brain storming about it , I am going to do what you did. I checked different sites and I could get the cabinet without the humidification system delivered for around 750 and then buy the humidification system. Now the big question is, what system to choose? What are you guys recommendation between the Avallo system, the set it and forget it system and the cigar oasis II XL? Thanks for your time guys!
My experience with Aristocrats Set & Forget system has been outstanding. I don't think you can go wrong with the Avallo system either. Cigar Oasis is a joke compared to the other two.

Here's a link to the Set & Forget system from Aristocrat: http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/electronic.htm
I went with the system with two humidification units and wouldn't change a thing.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'll agree, the Avallo is the way to go. Find one you like and then buy one size bigger. I wish I had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have something in the works, I will post when everything goes thru. So far getting the Avallo humidification system, then Saturday I am going to pick up the humidor( if all goes to plan! Have to drive 2 hours to get it, but it (sounds) a great deal). Hopefully everything goes smooth!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... Got the tower of power for a killer deal(300) now ordering the Avallo humidification system. While that gets here lets make the cabinet black! I will post pics of the ordeal! Lol