What's new

Looking For Info on This Humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

My girlfriend ordered this humidor for me from JR Cigars for christmas and they have yet to send me one that isn't damaged (but that's another story).

I really like the looks of the humidor, but have not been able to find any information about the thing. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on, or personal experience with, this humidor.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Hello and welcome, visit the intro thread, and tell us a little about your self and we'll all say hi.

As far as the humi goes, I have never seen that one. But my experience with doors on humis is limited and did not go well. The door had major leaks, just make sure those doors seal well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply d pricenator. I'll ahve to head on over to the intro thread sometime this wekkend when I have a little more time to say a bit about myself.

The doors worried me as well, which is why I began looking for information on the humidor. I may just have to unpack damaged humidor #4 when I get home tionight and give the doors the old dollar bill test. The doors do have little magnets that pull them closed and there is cedar orund the inside of the door that's meant to create a seal, but I don't know if it actually works or not.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's pretty upset about the problems that UPS has had in delivering it to me in one piece, but I keep telling her it's not her fault. There is a JR store pretty close to me that has one, so I may end up just picking it up in person.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just make a day out of it and go pick it up, buy some smokes and have a good time :yes:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
good lookin humi. most important, does it seal well? only you can tell that by putting it into use.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is it a TTT logo on the glass? I saw one like it at JR in Whippany and it looked sweet. I think it has recessed magnets in the doors to close tight.

Dprice, if I recall the doors on one of the humidors you had wasn't meant for cigars (Sorry if I'm wrong). If so, that's a different story.

I had a humidor dameged by UPS once, big bummer. Luckily for me the replacement was perfect.

Good luck

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went down to JR today to pick up one of the two humidors that they had in stock. It turns out that both of the ones they had in the boxes were damaged as well. The veneer was chipped on both of them, similar to the way it was on the ones they shipped to me. Too bad because it is a pretty neat humidor and I really like the style.

I did, however get a little more information about the humidor. Supposedly it was originally sent out as a display piece for stores to display Trinidad's in. At that point, JR was selling a smaller humidor of similar style. Somewhere along the way JR got in another shipment and began selling them in the stores. Do any of you guys know if the quality on a display piece would be less than that of a humidor intended for consumer purchase?

I guess the short story is that I now need to find a different 300 count humidor. Any suggestions?