What's new

Looking for Large Humidifier

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just picked up an endtable sized humidor with the hopes of condensing down most of my smaller humidors into one unit. I am OK with seasoning it and waiting to start putting smokes inside of it but I was hoping that somebody could give me some direction regarding which humidifier to buy. I have talked to some people in the different cigar shops that I frequent and thay have all given me different suggestions, some of which I think are based on the fact that they sell the given product. I am trying to get some end user opinons here. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. The humidor is about 8 cubic ft. in size and the manufacturer claims it will hold 1500 cigars but I think that is a high number. I am thinking maybe about 1000, including some stored in boxes. I an looking at a Moist-N-Aire(which was recommended by the place I bought the humidor at but I think will provide too much humidification), and Oasis XL Plus, a Hydra-SM,or a Humi-Care XG1000. They are all close enough to each other in price so that isn't really a factor. If anyone can proved some feedback on these units or recommend something entirely different please feel free to do so. Thanks for the help.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have one about that size and I use a hydra and a couple pounds of RH beads and could not be happier.

But honestly the few pounds of beads would do it, no hydra necessary.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have had the Hydra SM for about 5 months and it has now decided to quit on me. The audible sensor will go off even when the water level is full, overnight it will switch off and my auxiliary fans cannot be plugged in anymore as that switches the whole unit off too.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the Hydra, Cigar Oasis, and Humi Care are all designed for desktops. Using them in cabinets typically results in overworking the units, and shortening their lifespans.

The Moist N Aire is not too much humidifier, its too much INACCURATE humidier

I always give BOTL members ar better deal on an Accumonitor.

http://stores.cigarsolutions.com/-strse-21/Accumonitor-5-dsh-10/Detail.bok