What's new

Looking to make a tupperdor, need advice!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys, so here's the deal, spring break at UNCA is coming up next week and my best friend and I are going to go do the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky for about 4 or 5 days.

Obviously this calls for a few days of pure unadulterated stogie goodnees and I'd really like to take a tupperdor along with me for the ride. Where have you found the best kind of containers for making a tupperdor or who makes the best tupperdor containers? Thanks!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ah yes, of course but does anyone here have a size that seems to work well for them? I don't want it to be too big cause then I'll be temped to fill it to the brim, haha

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Head to target and pick up the tupperware they have that has a blue top with four locks/clasps on each side. It has a transparent blue lid which has four squares on the top. They are cheap as hell, and then throw in a boveda packet.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I actually know what you're talking about, the Lock & Lock! (or pop & lock as I like to call them). Its funny cause my mom swears by those damn things!

sportsmedjosh

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Let me know if you need a picture, I picked one up after I saw them in the newbie pass. I also picked one of for a buddy of mine after we went to a cigar event at my local B&M. We've been going for a while he ended up buying a lighter the previous time and this time he bought some tats, Don Pepin JJ, Olivia, and I gave him some of mine when I got my box. I bought some boveda packs and stoped by target and picked those tupperware things up. His humidor/tupperdor is maintenance free and trouble free. I got a bigger one and I have about 40 plus a boveda pak and a oust fan. His was $3 - 4 and could hold about 20. and a boveda pak.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
hey bull, saw you were looking at makin a tupperdor. Ive got some pics on my profile if you want to check one out. Ive got a rubbermaid food storage container. i think its 1.1 gal. i put mine in the dishwasher with no detergent for a few cycles by itself. diped it in some distilled water and then let it air dry. i would suggest a boveda packet for humidity.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very cool! I'm just worried that I'm going to like it even more than my new humidor I just got less than a month ago...hey you live and you learn, right?

Oh and I might just have a nice surprise up my sleeve for the tupperdor users like Josh and swampfox...

Stay tuned!

sportsmedjosh

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
To be honest, I do like the tupperdor more than my actual humidor as it's almost maintenance free. You can see inside it nicely and it's cheap that is always a plus. However, it doesn't have that same feel that a nice humidor has. I like wood what can I say.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yea i love my tupperdor, partially why i dont have a real desktop humi. its got a great seal and ive never had trouble with humidity the only problem i have is temp fluctuation

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I had to make a tupperdor to hold my excess sticks until I pick up my wineadore in two weeks. I love it. I have a big one that is made to hold a medium sized turkey. Perfect air tight seal. Gotta love tupperware!

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I actually know what you're talking about, the Lock & Lock! (or pop & lock as I like to call them). Its funny cause my mom swears by those damn things!
They have a bunch of these at a dollar store by me. I think they a a little over a dollar a piece. Go figure huh? Either way they are under $2 a piece. I may grab up a few of them to help out some brothers in need when the time is right.