What's new

Maduro Burn Issues

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys:

I'm writing because I seem to have an on-going problem with Maduro storage. They often have burn issues and need touching up even when stored in my coolidor for some period of time. I use Boveda 65 packs and my digital hydrometer seems set at a constant 65+ . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Fortunately for me I trend more toward conn wrappers. :) However I do have some nice Rocky Patel 1990 and Ave Marias in the box that I'd enjoy a hell of a lot more without constantly touching up! Thank you again in advance.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
actually i usually experience the opposite, where the wrapper is slower to burn. possibly to due with MUCH thicker wrappers needed to survive the more heat-intensive curing needed for maduros, IIRC?

try dry boxing, possibly. or, if the flavor is there, it may be worth suffering through.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
actually i usually experience the opposite, where the wrapper is slower to burn. possibly to due with MUCH thicker wrappers needed to survive the more heat-intensive curing needed for maduros, IIRC?

try dry boxing, possibly. or, if the flavor is there, it may be worth suffering through.
Yes, this is what I get also and all I smoke is maduro, the wrapper burns much slower than the filler and I always end up burning the wrapper to even it out or just to catch it up to the filler. I think it's the nature of maduro. That dry box idea would/should work, but I just touch it off with a quick hit from my lighter and keep on puffing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to all who posted that they experience similar burn issues with Maduros ....just nice to know that the problem is not exclusively mine! :)

And yes, indeed, there are some maduros worth the aggravation .....only thing that is a deal breaker for me is a damn tight draw! :argh: