What's new

Michael Peterson visit

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Peterson, a country music artist. Our meeting was kind of funny so I thought I'd share it. Last night at chow I sat down with my tray of food an settled in to watch the replay of the Lakers vs Jazz. Before I knew it the table filled up with some fellow airmen and two civilians. One of the civilians was a tall gent who looked to be forty something. He introduced himself as Michael and seemed very interested in what we did and where we were from. I knew there was going to be USO concert that night by some country artist. I hadn't paid much attention to who the artist was because country music isn't my cup-of-tea. I figured these two were affiliated with the show. Maybe part of the crew. Anyway Michael was very cordial and genuine. Just a really nice guy. After talking with us for about 20 minutes he excused himself and left the table for a moment. I asked the guy next to who Micheal was and he looked at me in disbelief. He pointed at a poster advertising the concert and said, "he's Michael Peterson". I was a little embarrassed to say the least. I didn't go to the show but was able to hear his music from the smoke pit as I enjoyed a nice Tat (compliments of Tatuaje Guy). Looking back, I liked the fact that I met Micheal not knowing who he was. I may not be a fan of his music but I'm a fan of him as a person.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
thats always a great thing to hear about musicians that are pretty well known. if they hang out with the fans, then in my opinion, they are great true musicians. to me thats what its all about, the fans. ive managed to hang out with a few bands and musicians over the years and those are the people I go back to see year after year. just to name a few hootie ( darius rucker), sons of bill, cowboy mouth, american aquarium. ive also heard great things about O.A.R. when they come to charleston. they always hang out at a local bar and put on a small show towards closing time