What's new

Moisture Sensor for Humidors

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I do not mean to post to this forum with unwanted spam. My name is Tim Hamerly and I am a senior working on a thesis project in which I have developed a moisture sensor that could be implemented into the humidors. I am currently in the process of doing market research, as you may have guessed.

If you have just a few minutes to fill out this survey, it would be greatly appreciated.

Again, I do not mean to post this as spam. I am truly trying to develop this product and could really use your help to determine if this product is worth while to the smoking community.

Any questions or concerns can be sent to my email address; thamerly@carthage.edu, and I will address them as soon as possible. Any advice can also be submitted to me through email and would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you for all your help!

Link to survey:

https://spreadsheets...La3AtLTloNHc6MA

Hey guys, check the end of this thread, new survey up that is more specific, please keep the posts coming though!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Link doesn't work for me as well. Good luck on your project.

If you want a useful site to share documents and stuff try zoho.com. It's an online office suite. Free to use. Very useful. Not sure what site you were trying to use to share that document.

If you get the survey up let me know. :)

100 posts!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
the link does not work for me.

However, we all use a Hygrometer to measure the moisture / RH in the humidor. The best are digital and adjustable or have the capability to be re-calibrated, and only cost about $30. Those of use who use wine fridges with cooling capabilities have occasional issues with condensation, when the weather changes. Maybe something that let me know a puddle of water was forming would be cool.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link does not work. Is this different than a hydrometer?
Sorry, try this link guys!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dDBJVmxZUXE4RkduS05La3AtLTloNHc6MA

And yes, it is different then a hydrometer. Mine is more accurate and doesn't require nearly as many battery changes and such. Eventually this device would be used as the moisture release mechanism and moisture detector, but I am not there quite yet. So right now it is just used to detect. Thanks for the help guys and let me know if the link still doesn't work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe its a WiFi Iphone App hygrometer with updates every 30 minutes. If its not, that idea now belongs to me. Pay me!
Haha, it won't be iPhone though, I am a droid guy. But yes, this thing could EASILY have a short range RFID attachment to signal or an alarm or something, it could be implemented into the box, but not permanent.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So, yes, mine is similar but the tech is a little different. But it could be set up to do this with a little tinkering. If I did such a thing, would you guys be more likely to purchase it?
As a person who doesn't own and has never owned a cell phone, I'd have to say no for myself. But I know quite a bit of people are all for that stuff, and could be useful for shop owners and people with larger stashes.

What class is this for? :)