What's new

molt problem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone,
after i discovered that my himidor is leaking i made myself a tuppidor and put in a hunidifier... now after around 2 weeks i discovered that some white and green molt is growing on the surface... what shall i do?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Well, for starters, toss anything with green mold. Sticks that just have white mold on the wrappers can be wiped down, if there's mold in the foot, toss those too.

Santize the tupperware, and then get yourself a two-way humidification media (Boveda, beads, or KL). What you want is something that will not only release humidity, but will also absorb extra. What's happening now is your humidifier is over-humidifying the tupperdor, likely because it's designed to slowly release humidity, but has no way to stop doing so until it's dry, or to absorb extra humidity once the humidity climbs above the desired level.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
That sucks @classic. Tupperdors are very different than humidors. They're usually air tight when compared to a humidor. Many of my Tupperdors don't have any humidification devices in them for this reason. Are you using a hygrometer? If so is it calibrated? Also when you say your humidor was leaking, do you mean it wasn't keeping the RH you wanted? Had it been seasoned in awhile? Hopefully some of your sticks are salvageable. Good luck!