What's new

Moving. Concerned about sticks in the humidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at the end of August I'm moving out and heading off to Purchase College. I've got maybe fifteen sticks in my desktop humidor, and beads in a sort of shot glass. It looks more like a stemless red wine glass, but it's only the height of a shot glass, and maybe twice one's width. It's perfect for holding the beads while the humidor is stable on my dresser, but I'm concerned about them getting knocked out on the car ride. I'm also concerned about my sticks getting messed up in there. Chances are I'll have a few more by the time I leave (thinking about getting a five pack of CAO Cameroons as a moving out present for myself, among whatever else I may pick up).
My thoughts have been wrapping them in paper towels or rags to protect them. Maybe I'll just buy enough to fill the box so they have no place to bounce to :glassesgr
For the beads, I might put them in 2 or 3 film canisters with holes poked in the lids. On the other hand, the car ride is only 2 or 3 hours tops. Maybe I can keep the beads out of there for that little while.
What do you guys think? I'm not looking to spend too much, or get a travel case just for this occasion.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
a 2-3 hour trip, I personally don't think you have anything to worry about....unless you were putting them in the trunk!

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So at the end of August I'm moving out and heading off to Purchase College. I've got maybe fifteen sticks in my desktop humidor, and beads in a sort of shot glass. It looks more like a stemless red wine glass, but it's only the height of a shot glass, and maybe twice one's width. It's perfect for holding the beads while the humidor is stable on my dresser, but I'm concerned about them getting knocked out on the car ride. I'm also concerned about my sticks getting messed up in there. Chances are I'll have a few more by the time I leave (thinking about getting a five pack of CAO Cameroons as a moving out present for myself, among whatever else I may pick up).
My thoughts have been wrapping them in paper towels or rags to protect them. Maybe I'll just buy enough to fill the box so they have no place to bounce to :glassesgr
For the beads, I might put them in 2 or 3 film canisters with holes poked in the lids. On the other hand, the car ride is only 2 or 3 hours tops. Maybe I can keep the beads out of there for that little while.
What do you guys think? I'm not looking to spend too much, or get a travel case just for this occasion.
What college are you purchasing, if they have a Ph.D. in my field maybe I'll go to yours instead.

But on a serious note, why not just pick up a cigar caddy?

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Put the cigars in a ziploc and put the beads in a separate ziploc. Place the cigars in a safe place in vehicle and you are set. Set up your humi when you get to school.

Then light one up!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Put the cigars in a ziploc and put the beads in a separate ziploc. Place the cigars in a safe place in vehicle and you are set. Set up your humi when you get to school.

Then light one up!
Plain and simple, that's it in a nut shell! :ccool:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Small cooler, 15 count caddy. The big issue is temp. Dont forget them in the car or elsewhere unless in a cooler with a cooling agent.