What's new

MP3 Disc question

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Now that I've been driving my car for two years I'm finally getting around to figuring some things out about it.
The stereo system is an Audiophile CD/MP3. I'm assuming the MP3 part is just a feature that you can use to download music in MP3 format from your computer to play in the car? Are there any other advantages? Would that disc hold more than a standard CD of music?
I'm technically challenged so any input would be appreciated!

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Yes, an MP3 disc can hold a lot depending on the length of songs. I have some cd's that have 180 songs on them with still some space left. A lot of my songs are long.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Yes, it holds a lot more music.

If your stereo is like mine it will read folders like a new cd. I usually group into different sub catagories so I don't have to fumble around for a paticular song.

Try it out, it's only 1 disk if it doesn't work.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Yes, an MP3 disc can hold a lot depending on the length of songs. I have some cd's that have 180 songs on them with still some space left. A lot of my songs are long.
Yup. I average 170 - 190 songs on a standard CD; 650 - 700 MB. What I really like about MP3's is the ability to make my own discs, mixing and matching any type of music.

Brian, if you have CD's, but no ripper to convert them to MP3, download a copy of the freeware, AudioGrabber 1.83. It is an excellent piece of software.