What's new

My First Coolidor

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Just finished piecing together my first coolidor and wanted to see what everyone thinks. I have the beads on the bottom inside pantyhose, an Oust fan toward the back on the bottom pointing up (blowing bottom air behind cigars), the tupperware "trays" have holes drilled around all four sides and the bottom in a manner similar to that on the front, and a hygro on the top of the door. Any suggestions to improve? Thanks!

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i've never seen such a pimp coolidor...

i just have coolers stacked up like normal coolers...chocked full of garbage...no cool trays or fans and shizzz...

very well done.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Looks pretty damn good to me Brian and I see your BOTL cigars in a prominent position too! :thumbsup:

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Looks pretty damn good to me Brian and I see your BOTL cigars in a prominent position too! :thumbsup:
lol, I actually built the coolidor for the BOTL cigars! Normally I'll just buy 5 pack or 10 packs at a time, but I couldn't turn down a box of BOTL cigars! So I built the coolidor to house the box.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Cool set up Brian. How long before the temptation gets the better of you and the BOTL box gets opened??
took me a whole 5 minutes to have the seal broken, and smoked one the same day. No reason to wait, have one now. I was so suprised at how good they are, I'm tempted to get a box to store, so I can smoke the other one now.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
It reminds me of a "working man's desk." Despite the chaotic look, you know where everything is, and know where to find everything. Sweet!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I see a major problem with it...you have WAY too many cigars in that thing. Look, Ill help you out with it...my address is in my profile. Send about half to that address and Ill "store" them for you.:tiphat:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Stroke nice work - which end has the drain? I've read that it's best to have that at the top - humidity is heavier than air and settles to the bottom - leave open (drain) somewhat for fresh air - although I think there is enough air circulation due to seal being less than 100% for any cooler - note I don't have a coolidor but have read alot in anticipation of building one - what size is the cooler?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Looks like a Stroke of Genius! A Brian looks damn Good my brother! I was thinking of doing the same thing with an old wine fridge, Im not sure yet. When Im ready be on the look out for an "How you do that?" Pm LoL

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
It reminds me of a "working man's desk." Despite the chaotic look, you know where everything is, and know where to find everything. Sweet!
Absolutely! Top shelf is the CCs and premium smokes, middle shelf is the "budget/medium" smokes (DPG, 601, Padilla, Padron, etc.) and bottom shelf is my yard gars and my father-in-law's cigars (read: tatiana and other flavored cigars)

I see a major problem with it...you have WAY too many cigars in that thing. Look, Ill help you out with it...my address is in my profile. Send about half to that address and Ill "store" them for you.:tiphat:
Careful... You just might get what you ask for...

Looks great. How'd you put the shelves in there?

Dan
I initially intended to drill small holes to put the shelves in, but when I started to put the first one in to test for size, it seemed to hold it's own, so I just jammed them in there. The front was a little loose, but the part I cut off of the part that sticks down in the front (pic below), I was able to use it to stick under the front to hold it up. Seems to work pretty well, so I left well enough alone!

Stroke nice work - which end has the drain? I've read that it's best to have that at the top - humidity is heavier than air and settles to the bottom - leave open (drain) somewhat for fresh air - although I think there is enough air circulation due to seal being less than 100% for any cooler - note I don't have a coolidor but have read alot in anticipation of building one - what size is the cooler?
The bottom has the drain, but I'm not concerned with leaving it open. I open the coolidor at least every couple days to get fresh air in there just like I did my desktop humidor. The cooler is an Igloo 70 Quart MaxCold.

Looks like a Stroke of Genius! A Brian looks damn Good my brother! I was thinking of doing the same thing with an old wine fridge, Im not sure yet. When Im ready be on the look out for an "How you do that?" Pm LoL
No need, go where I did: coolidor.com or ask Ron!