What's new

My Hybrid Humidor

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Long story short I had these cases - Underwater Kinetics - similar to Pelican cases. Brother in law gave them to me, they were getting thrown out at his work

I decided to turn them into humidors. Similar to a cooler in principle, but I wanted to do something different - they hybrid humidor. Thick Spanish cedar construction like a quality humidor but big airtight space like a cooler

This is where I started:

I learned about HF beads, so I bought some and shared the airspace with my two tupperdors. It worked well but I wanted something that wasn't tupperware. So I built this

I sourced some Spanish cedar boards, there's about 30 board-feet in there. I built out a flat floor and framed the sides.

The foam on the lid press-fits to the top of the inner wooden box and the lid of the case has a silicone O-ring seal and the case is pretty well air tight.

And then I filled it up over the last 6 months or so and used another for box storage

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice. I have a Pelican that I was gunna turn into a gun case and buy some of the rip out foam but this looks more awesome. When I start buying some boxes this looks like the way to go.