What's new

My large size Wineador

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to Forest, I got my large Wineador done , he did a great job with the drawers and trays , love the Cocobolo , now if I can get him to make me a false bottom to cover the Cigar Oasis , Forest thought it was to big and it's almost filled. New to forum I hope I did pictures right .

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 175 per drawer and 45 boxes , I just don't like the space on the bottom , want a false bottom to give it a more finished look , thank you for the welcome ,been looking at site awhile but never joined . This is my 4th wineador for some reason I keep running out of space , I tell the boss that cigar get bigger when you keep them humidified , so far she believes me .

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Wow that thing is huge! They look great in there. I think the cocobolo I've got coming in will match it ok. Been tough trying to find "just the right shade and grain" but I'll get it! I can't believe you've filled them up already. lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Have you had any issues keeping the cigars moist being as though you have 175 in a drawer? I've been pondering about taking a plunge to get some drawers but do not know which way to go, singles or doubles. My concern was if I stacked 2 or 3 high in a drawer, the humidity may not make it to all of the sticks.

That is some serious storage though. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Very nice. Have you had any issues keeping the cigars moist being as though you have 175 in a drawer? I've been pondering about taking a plunge to get some drawers but do not know which way to go, singles or doubles. My concern was if I stacked 2 or 3 high in a drawer, the humidity may not make it to all of the sticks.

That is some serious storage though. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Just need to change the way you're thinking about it. You're not "providing" humidity, you're "maintaining" humidity. Look at all the manufacturer and vendor/rep storage, cabs, large boxes, etc. Do you avoid cigars that are from the middle of a box because they didn't have the right "air flow?" The whole idea of storage is a stable consistent environment. Everything you put in your [quality] humi will slowly acclimate to the same temp/RH, assuming there are any variations going in. You're never going to drop a cab of bone dry sticks in to a drawer and have to worry about the middle ones "catching up." You put sticks in that are already relatively close to where you want them environment-wise, and their levels will change based on everything else around them, not just the air, but wood and other cigars, too!
All that said, when I put mine together, I went all full size drawers. I never had personal experience, but I listened to other brothers' experiences here. Most said that the small drawers that only held a single row of cigars looked great presentation-wise, but we're a big waste of space. Many said if they could go back and do it all over, they'd skip the single row drawer and get all full size. I took that experience to heart, followed their advice, and bought all deep drawers. And I'm happy I did. You WILL run out of space, and it will happen faster than you think!
Good luck!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, thank you for changing the way I thought about it. Very helpful and certainly helped me understand the environment more.

I have not migrated my cigars over to my wineador yet but I appear to have a stable environment and maintaining RH well.

The wasted space was a thought too as I was trying to calculate how many cigars would fit in a single or double drawer. When you say full size drawers, do you mean double or triple?

I don't want to totally hijack this thread but thank you for the feedback brother. Looking at this build, I may need more space again in the near future.