What's new

My new coolidor!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Did some re-working with today's pickups..
Full box of Sharks, other Shark box has some Anejo Sharks and 4 Opus Sharks.

BTL box has BTL, WOAM, and Opus Love Affairs

Tray with assorted Opus and GoF

2nd shelf has LE Tats on top of LP stuff and coffins.

Bottom shelf has the Viaje, starting with Satori

And the few others I have...

And an overall look...

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Nice looking set up!

Not sure how your RH is holding but those beads look really wet by the pics.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice looking set up!

Not sure how your RH is holding but those beads look really wet by the pics.
I did over-water the crystals a bit, they two bags are pretty dry... I'm holding between 65% and 68% over the last two days, so we shall see with the new stuff going in.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is that cat litter beads in there? I thought the blue beads were scented.
It's is kitty crystals, they are unscented, even the blue. They're all just silica crystals. The first kind I bought, were scented!! (Oops) Luckily I caught it before any went into the cooler. The Exquisicat crystals are unscented.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Awesome set-up!!!

So, that cat litter really works? There's just some weird part of me that is like... "no way, I can't put cat litter in a humidor!"

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Awesome set-up!!!

So, that cat litter really works? There's just some weird part of me that is like... "no way, I can't put cat litter in a humidor!"
That's how I was... but for the amount of beads I would need it would have been over $100. I'll take the $10 crystals since they work. It's not pretty, but I'm cheap! :angel:

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Very nice setup, and cigars too!

Question: How big is that cooler? I have a 52 qt, but i have it horizontal and it's packed to the brim - do you think it holds more vertically?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice setup, and cigars too!

Question: How big is that cooler? I have a 52 qt, but i have it horizontal and it's packed to the brim - do you think it holds more vertically?
It's 150qt cooler. Vertically I think I can organize better, but if I laid it horizontally, I would be able to fit more in there.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Awesome set-up!!!

I used the exact same ones for years and never had an issue. I recently switched to the HCM clay beads, but kept all my kitty litter just in case.

What humidity do they keep it at?
They take a bit of time to get the set at a good RH. you need to add water slowly. Mine held at 65-68% for several years.

To the Original poster. the KL looks a bit wet. If you need to dry it out, just put them in the fridge for a day or 2 and it iwll suck the water out.