What's new

My New Fridge-A-Dor: Need Advice Please

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a humidor for regular sticks and one for infused. Now with my recent interest in the fire cured/smokey sticks I need yet a 3rd storage device. To compound my problem, earlier in the week someone hooked me up with my first full box of cigars and so I was really in a pickle for storage solutions. Rather than purchase 2 additional storage devices, I remembered that I had a small fridge in my attic, so I pulled it down into a heated/cooled area of my basement and turned it into Fridge-A-Door, got some kitty litter and hygro from Wally world and got it up and running yesterday. Now my questions:

* Assuming the seal is stronger than a wood humi, do I need to open it periodically for air flow?

* I placed the fire cured sticks in an old cigar box inside the fridge. Do you think being in it's own box is enough to prevent the smoke flavors from transferring to the regular sticks in their own boxes?

* Any other considerations for maintaining the Fridge-A-Door?

Thanks in advance for advice and direction!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
The fire cured stuff is pretty damn potent. One idea might be to put the entire box into one of those huge ziplock bags with a large boveda pack.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was hoping to avoid maintaining 4 separate storage devices, guess I have no choice with the fire-cured stuff.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
FWIW I think that if they are Leccia blacks then they should be fine in a closed box but if they are KFC's then those puppies need to be separated. That being said, you can not go wrong separating them anyway...