What's new

My New Vinotemp Drawers/Trays - DIY

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Some of you guys who've been hanging out in chat know I have been tossing the idea around of building some trays for my little Vinotemp.

Well, Christmas vacation started for me this weekend and I decided to get cracking!

Here's the Money Shot:

These took all of about 4 hours to build. Here's the process for me...

I got my hands on some Spanish Cedar from a local woodworkers store, because they were remnants in 1/4 inch thickness, I got all of it for less than 4 bucks a square foot. All-in, the drawers cost less than 10 bux a pop (pre labor)

Each one measures 12 inches deep, by 9 inches wide. They are about 2.75 inches tall. These were made specifically to fit my 12 bottle vinotemp.

Construction was easy, simple drawer coonstruction with a groove inside to hold the slats.

The bottoms were simple slats of cedar which were rounded over to be a bit easier on the sticks.

I added a bit of flair to the faces of the trays, and made sure they had some good handles for avoiding lights on the top shelf of the vinotemp, and to make them seem less like "crates."

Back:

Finished them off with a divider each, and viola!! Two trays for under 20 bucks.

My craftsmanship might not be top of the line (I consider these prototypes) but they will certainly be functional.

They are seasoning in a cooler as we speak. I'll post up some "In-Wineador" and Filled-up shots once I have them installed in their new home.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mike, those look pretty damn nice to me, great job brother! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Thanks guys.

Just a hand held router for the flames... sort of an obsession of mine... isn't everything better with hot rod flames?