What's new

Need advice on humidor fix

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I attached a poor picture to illustrate what I'm talking about in this post.

Both humidors I have are fairly el cheapo's. The first, the one I'm having problems with, came from some catalog, or something, and my sister gave it to me for Christmas, years ago. It's a glass top. I've never had many problems with it, over the years. Now, since seeing the light, and getting beads, and a digital hygro, I can't keep it over 60% humidity. It seems I'm constantly having to give the beads a drink. While trying to figure it out, it seems the glass came loose. There's no way, without deconstructing part of the lid, to put sealer just on the glass. So, I was thinking of putting a small beading of sealer around inside the humi to seal up any possible leaks.

The problem: What would be a safe, good, non-aromatic sealer to use on it? I'm guessing a tube of some clear or wood colored sealer would be best. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Attachments

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You can use a silicon sealer, like for a bathroom. It has distinct smell until it fully dries and cures. That will take several days, if not more than a week, so you’ll have to leave the lid open, and then re-season the box before you put your smokes back in. Also know that Silicon is not water soluble, so be careful, it does not clean up like caulking.