What's new

new-air 280 problems

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one year old wine fridge that was working perfectly for nearly an entire year. My 280 has been running way too cold and dropping the humidity for the past 2 weeks. I just transferred the collection into other storage because I could not keep humidity above 59%. Took a few days to realize it was because the cooler kept dropping the temp down to about 60. I took everything out and set it at 65... check it an hour later and internal temp is 59. I was looking for parts lists on line and ideas or directions somewhere. I know the parts in these things are fairly cheap, but not sure what it is yet. Anyone have anything similar happen?

thanks for any information

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Just bought a mini wine fridge off of craigslist a few weeks ago, they originally told me that the temp gauge didn't work but cooled fine. I'm now finding out that the bottom half does the same thing as your is doing. Temp goes down to about 59 and HP is about 61%. The top part is working better and stays around 64* & 64%, I found if I use a large Tupperware in the bottom part and store my cigars in that the temps stay about 64* & 65% inside. That might be an option if you can't fix the wineador.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Would that make the temp drop? I didn't even think of that, mine has a little one on the bottom part and I don't think I covered it. hmmmmm

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Temp and humidity can be effected by it. Maybe a small circulation fan to move heat and humidity? Some people are using fans. The room temp can also effect the fridge

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Yeah I had to bring mine inside the house, it was in the garage but my garage temp fluctuates too much. That was my main problem, now that's its inside the temp sits the same all day. The wine cooler I have has a fan inside so I'll just plug that whole and see what happens. Thanks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine is room temp. I have had it over a year and now have to ask a silly question. Does the fan run at low all the time?? Seems to be running more than I remember. And the house is slightly cooler than normal right now. In between seSons. Can't justify heater and not running AC. My favorite part of he year for utilities. But seems to be causing problems with my cigar storage.

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
I bought a non functioning 280 for $40. Guy told me what was wrong, how to fix it, blah,blah. I seasoned up some drawers I made, threw 2 lbs of beads and there and haven't looked back. I didn't plug the hole, only because I'm lazy. Lol. I've had it like this 2 years and it holds beautifully in all seasons at 66 degrees and 60 % humidity. I have it at 60% because I like a certainly country's cigars at that humidity. Good luck to you.