What's new

New desktop humidor

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
So I got this 120ct desktop. I threw in 4 Boveda seasoning bags and after 1 day it says its 75% in there on the digital that I set with the one step pack. Do I have to wait 10 days before sticking cigars in there?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I would, casue I doubt the wood has acctually absorbed the moisture yet. Let them run their course, it is a good system and should be followed.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
....and you do realize that right now the only thing absorbing the moisture from the Boveda packets is the humidor, you will see a change in the hygrometer reading once you put 75 or so cigars in it.

But I do agree with my asteemed collegues that you should wait the required amount of time for the humidor to be properly seasoned.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
The guys are right, you gotta wait. Also I'm sure hanging around here long enough that sucker will be full in no time.
You mean I was supposed to wait to fill it up? I already bought enough cigars to fill it up waiting for it to arrive. I have about 100 sticks here already or on their way here from purchases over the last few days. I have issues, I filled up a humidor I didn't even have yet. :) I should have just jumped right into the vinotemp.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You mean I was supposed to wait to fill it up? I already bought enough cigars to fill it up waiting for it to arrive. I have about 100 sticks here already or on their way here from purchases over the last few days. I have issues, I filled up a humidor I didn't even have yet. :) I should have just jumped right into the vinotemp.
I did the same... I had vino in less than 4 months from the time i joined

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I did the same... I had vino in less than 4 months from the time i joined
I kind of figured I would fill it quick. But we already had plans on adding a built-in wine fridge in the kitchen so I might get a built-in humidor also in the same spot. We were going to do a floor-ceiling fridge, but I may steal some space for the humidor.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I am a sick individual. I filled my 120ct desktop already, so I bought a 16 bottle Avanti off ebay today. Got a pretty good deal, I hope I did at least, $54 shipped. It was an open box return. Anyone know how much this thing will hold? I had to do something as I have 2 more boxes and about 20 singles still coming in. :)

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
That will hold at least six-10 boxes. Good buy for $54. Enjoy filling it up.

I've the 28 and can get a grip of boxes in there if you play tetris long enough

bigmanfromou

The BBMF
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I am a sick individual. I filled my 120ct desktop already, so I bought a 16 bottle Avanti off ebay today. Got a pretty good deal, I hope I did at least, $54 shipped. It was an open box return. Anyone know how much this thing will hold? I had to do something as I have 2 more boxes and about 20 singles still coming in. :)
You are no more sick than the rest of us...buahahaha :devil: