What's new

New Humi for Daddy!!!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Check out what I just got on Ebay. This will pale in comparrison to some of yours, but it will be better than the two little boxes I have now. Do you think the doors will seal well enough to be of any use? I was wondering about that. It says it will hold 150, but the owner says more like 50-70 larger gauge sticks. Does anyone have one of these? I'm stoked I picked it up for $40 shipped.:stretchgr

Attachments

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I didn't have that particular humi, but I used to have a humi that had a "refrigerator" type door with glass. I never had a problem with mine holding humidity. If the door isn't warped, you should be fine.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I didn't have that particular humi, but I used to have a humi that had a "refrigerator" type door with glass. I never had a problem with mine holding humidity. If the door isn't warped, you should be fine.
I was reffering to the side doors. They don't appear to have the overlapping Cedar "tongue" that the front door has. we'll see and I'll let you know

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
The side doors are not meant to hold cigars. I've never seen this humi before, but your humidification device will not do anything in those side compartments. I'm relatively sure they are just for holding cutters, lighters and the like. I guess you could try to seal them, add beads to each door and see what happens, but I can't imagine that being too successful.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
If nothing else, it's an interesting looking humidor ... but I'm confused on those side compartments. It's way too much space for accessories ... unless you are a real lighter and cutter junkie. Plus the configuration is just odd for accessory storage.

Maybe they were thinking this would be used for pipes ... ?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I was reffering to the side doors. They don't appear to have the overlapping Cedar "tongue" that the front door has. we'll see and I'll let you know
I honestly didn't even consider the side doors as they have no way of getting any humidification. They are just for accessory storage imo, oddly designed but probably just for accissories. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't use them for cigar storage.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Congrats on the new humi. I have enough accessories to fill those doors. Between the butane, pokers, lighters, cutters, blank labels, etc. it really adds up fast. My thinking is you will need a larger humidor soon enough.

Looks like will hold between the 50/70 to 150 range for singles but probably will not hold boxes well.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Looks like will hold between the 50/70 to 150 range for singles but probably will not hold boxes well.

I just got it, I think I'm looking at 75-100 sticks, and the side doors may need some modifications to be useful. They are really strange design that doesn't seem to offer an obvious purpose. I seem to have a good seal in the main compartments and its got a boveda seasonming pack in it now. I agree with needing something bigger, most likely a cooler though. I've been post posing it for a while, and it may be time to pull the trigger on it.:halfgrinw

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Ok so as has been said before. Don't buy some things on Ebay. This thing held well while the RH in the house was at 70% late summer/early fall. As soon as the outside RH fell this thing plumeted. I was adding water to the baeds every other day in an effort to stabalize it, but it had a huge leak where the front door closed. I have since removed both drawers and am using them to store singles in the fridge a dor. I then removed the doors on the side and they are now accesory boxes for my 5 cutters, punches baggies empty tubs ( I save them for expensive smokes with no cello). So Had I listened to the info I read here about The Bay, I could have saved $40 or whatever it cost me. Oh well lesson learned. The fridge is working great so far.