What's new

New Humidor

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
After 11 hours of driving to the sketchest part of OKC, I got my new humidor. Found the tower for $360 on craigslist. I have seen many episodes of hoarders and this place was worse than those. Think a mix of hoarder/methhouse. I was tempted to turn around and go home just by the way the entire neighborhood was staring me down since I turned onto the guy's street... Sucked it up and said to myself that I'll go in and out. I'll make my decision in 5 minutes. The humdor ended up as the nicest thing in the guy's house. Of course, he tells me he lost the keys to it and it is currently locked... I'm thinking this thing is likely stolen but mainly I just wanted to get the F out this town. Paid the man his funds and took it home. Looked online on how to pick locks and actually opened it in less than 2 minutes. The shipping receipt was actually inside and it was made out to that guy. Made a internal note to never judge a methhead by its cover and took to cleaning this tower. It took 2 hours of scrubbing, some old english and a whole lot of airing out to get to this point. So far, I'm pretty happy about the whole exchange.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
looks like a great deal at $360...

Im in the market for a tower myself and have been scouring craigslist, ebay, etc.. to find something that is big enough, but also will go well with the other funiture in the man-cave/office.. (SWMBO gets final approval authority, even in the man cave.. I was lucky to get my rug approved that I brought back from Afghanistan in 2007... not going to chance picking up a tower that gets rejected and put out in the garage lol..)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Looks good! Check that thing for bug eggs!!!!! (roaches) even under the bottom! Wipe then throw the rag away. As far as the OP and the man cave...... It's called a man cave for a reason. Put what YOU WANT IN IT!!!!!!!

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Looks good! Check that thing for bug eggs!!!!! (roaches) even under the bottom! Wipe then throw the rag away. As far as the OP and the man cave...... It's called a man cave for a reason. Put what YOU WANT IN IT!!!!!!!
There were some bugs. I vacummed under the last level and wiped the bottom with a rag with a little bit of alcohol on it. I also tilted the tower over and made sure there where no bug underneath. I hope there are no bugs left, I'll just have to keep a close eye on it...

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Great find! I've been scouring Craigslist weekly for a long while now trying to find the tower that's "too good to pass up"; was wondering or a while there if the even existed!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a story you won't forget about when you tell friends how you got it....it looks really nice and sometimes you do find diamonds in the rough. I think maybe if I do this I'd take a friend with me just in case....ya never know with Craigslist stuff...some of the stories are scary.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely stolen. Meth heads don't buy shit like that. They steal it and use the sale price to buy meth.

Just MHO