What's new

New humi's here, yay!...sorta

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
As you may have already read, I ordered the Havana Foot Locker humi from cheaphumidors.com. It got here today.

Good news: shipped and arrived faster than I expected. Also, it's way bigger in person than it appears in pics. Plenty of room to expand my collection and eventually get boxes to age.

Bad news: scratches and dents! I opened the box and found a couple scratches on the edges, where the finish is coming off. Also, one of the bottom corners in the back was dented and mashed a little like it was dropped. Dammit!!

Now, I don't mind a little imperfection (my first humi is an "imperfect"), and only one of the scratches can be seen without looking for it; but I didn't order an imperfect this time and was hoping for better.

Bright side though: I very quickly emailed the company and told them of my problem. Within an hour I got a response back requesting photos. Sent the pics and within a few minutes they responded again. I could choose between a replacement/ refund, pending a claim with the shipping company or accept a 20% store credit and keep it as-is. I opted for the credit, since I'm eager to put it to use, and I don't want to worry about the same thing happening to the next humi.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration a bit, and at the same time give some kudos to cheaphumidors for settling the matter quickly and to my satisfaction. Now to season this beast...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Great customer service on their part!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure it won't take you long to fill it up though! :cbig:

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Looks good, Bill. I know you'll enjoy filling that footlocker up. Glad to hear they rectified the problem so quickly.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Thats a great unit. Its just what i moved out of and into the Avallo. I love my footlocker and don't wanna part with it, the wife says i can't have 3 humidors.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
So, I'm considering getting either a Havana Footlocker, or a Treasure Dome humidor... I want somethign really big for future box purchases. Which would you recommend?

I'm hoping to get something wider, rather than taller, so that I can access a cigar from any box purchase (I remove all of the cigars, rather than storing them in the box, in the humidor) without playing too much tetris...

Any recommendations?

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I almost bought the treasure dome one last year, but now I'm glad that didn't work out. The footlocker is much larger for not a lot more in price. As far as width vs depth goes, this humi is pretty deep. If you don't want to store boxes in it, you could get some more shelves to place in the bottom, but then you'd be lifting out a lot of shelves to get to the bottom.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
very nice humi!! I'd have to say you got the best of it, though; if you're anything like me, you'da put the scratches or dents on there in due time anyway. So, if it was me, they would have paid me 20% for doing what I would have done anyway? Definitely frustrating though, no doubt!! Regardless, very nice selection!!