What's new

New Style Avanti 28

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anbody done anything with the drain on the new style avanti 28. I picked mine up last night and noticed that there is no catch pan on the back and i cant see where it drains. The back is one picece of sheet metal. Had it running all night empty and didnt see and condensation. Temp only got up to about 61. Room temp was 77. Thanks

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
if you leave the drain unplugged, you will never really see any condensation, unless you stare at it and wait for it to happen... Id drains it self pretty efficiently (3 drops wont even accumulate in mine)
I have mine taped over with a piece of black tape... 2# of 65% beads, 0- condensation!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been up and running for about a month now with no real issues. I did nothing to the drain and now notice a very small amount of moisture present at the drain, but it's not more than a drop or two and not all the time.

Outside daytime temps are running at or near 100 degrees, inside (upstairs where the unit is located) it runs a bout 80-85 degrees, lower once I get home.

The unit is set to 62 degrees, but the internal temp is 65 degrees at the bottom and 66 degrees at the top. Humidity runs about 65%, varying a point or two top to bottom. The units internal fan seems to stir the air well, and I have two Oust fans with the guards removed running at the back of the unit, sitting on the second-lowest shelf, pointing upward.

2 lbs. of 65% beads, and I leave them somewhat dry to pick up excess moisture from the drain area.

I'm not convinced I like the humidity setting, I actually prefer a bit drier environment, but to each their own.

All in all, I am really pleased with the setup, my stash seems pretty happy !!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I seem to have issues with mine. I have 2 lbs of beads on the bottom but the rH is always high as it runs all the time, and I have it set to 64. It stays about 70 in there. I have to keep a fan running constantly as the rH is around 80 down there. Everywhere else it is 68.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my beads split; 1 lb. in the bottom laid directly on the floor close to the door (away from the drain) and a 1 lb. bag at the very top resting on a flat, rectangular piece of plastic.

That seems to work for me, I checked again this morning and the setting was for 62 degrees but the interior was 66-67, top and bottom. The humidity varies by about as much, although this morning it was down to 63% which is okay by me.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I have my beads split; 1 lb. in the bottom laid directly on the floor close to the door (away from the drain) and a 1 lb. bag at the very top resting on a flat, rectangular piece of plastic.

That seems to work for me, I checked again this morning and the setting was for 62 degrees but the interior was 66-67, top and bottom. The humidity varies by about as much, although this morning it was down to 63% which is okay by me.

Have you tried putting your hygo in the back? With the condensation and the cooling I don't know how it couldn't be high. This is the concern I have. I have three different hygos in there and the one in the floor is always high. I also use the top to an Oasis, using it as a fan but I have to put it up to 84-85 to keep it running. If not, the rH gets 90+ in the back on the floor by the cooling unit.