What's new

New To Me Humidor

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Several weeks ago I picked up a new humidor from 3bay. It's a Humidor Supreme 2000 (Limited Edition, because I'm special :ccool:). Got it for $45. I knew it was used, so I expected some minor cosmetic damage. One of the feet fell off immediately, the felt bottom was peeling pretty bad, in addition to the scuff marks all around. But when I looked inside I saw... MOLD. I bought some sandpaper and isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle. The entire inside got sprayed down and sanded down. Then I left it open in a sunny room for several days. Then I repeated.

Now I've been trying to season this guy up for the past week. Because of the mold, I decided it would be best to season it very slowly. I once bought some 62% Boveda packets by mistake and threw them in there. I'll be keeping an eye on it for mold. If it holds consistent humidity for a month with no sign of any mold returning, I'll start loading up some sticks. Then my next challenge will be to fill it up... Pictures to be added later.

Oh yeah, the seller got a less than stellar review. It also arrived several days after I was told to expect it. Kept it because I like the look and mailing it back would have been a PITA.

Last edited: