New U2 Album News

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Extraordinary

Bono: New U2 album will be extraordinary

By Kimberley Dadds, Rex Features

Bono has claimed that U2's new album is going to be "extraordinary" and that it will sound completely different to anything that has been heard before.

The frontman revealed that the band's new sound has been inspired by a visit to Morocco last year.

Bono told the Independent: "Normally when you play a U2 tune, it clears the dancefloor. And that may not be true of this. There's some trance influences. But there's some very hardcore guitar coming out of The Edge. Real molten metal.

"It's not like anything we've ever done before, and we don't think it sounds like anything anyone else has done either."

The singer explained that going to a religious music festival in Fez, Morocco helped them write new material. He said: "It was a real humbling thing for a punk rock shouter, listening to these people who just close their eyes for 40 minutes and sing the most sophisticated melodies."

He added: "We have enough material for two albums but it has to be extraordinary. And I think we've got that."

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds good. I'll get this album right after I get a new 80gb iPhone for 170USD from the Habanos forum.

Well, maybe I should shop around for the phone. Like on the pipe forum.

Any word on when the U2 album is out? I really want to put the tunes on my 80GB iPhone.

Did I mention I got it for 170USD in the pipe forum?

LOL!!!!