What's new

New Wineador Build Begins

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plans are to build this using KISS and then make changes as necessary to correct any issues that arise. Its a Koldstar 28 bottle TE model. Wiped it down with baking soda/water and now have a couple trays of baking soda in the unit. It will stay like this for at least a week since I am waiting on my pound of beads and hygrometer. Also have 3 cedar shelves on the way. Hope to get it up and going quick though because I have a box of cigars and a couple sampler packs on the way.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Off to a good start, looks like you already have kitty litter. I would just change brands so you can use it in the wineador and ditch the beads, kill two birds with one stone.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nice to see you've got your build started! The one thing to remember is not to rush the seasoning process. I made that mistake before and it's a pain to take everything out and start over. Good luck and feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Off to a good start, looks like you already have kitty litter. I would just change brands so you can use it in the wineador and ditch the beads, kill two birds with one stone.
I may do that if the beads don't work out, but they are already paid for and on the way so I will give them a shot.

Nice to see you've got your build started! The one thing to remember is not to rush the seasoning process. I made that mistake before and it's a pain to take everything out and start over. Good luck and feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.
Thanks, I'll make sure I get everything seasoned up and ready before I throw my cigars in there. Guess I should season one of my small coolers to hold the cigars I have on the way....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went and picked up some kitty litter to season my igloodor (that I bought and aired out before I changed my mind to go with a wineado)r.

I wiped down some old cigar boxes I had with DW and placed a sponge inside a Tupperware bowl inside to start priming it. Just put some KL in there and my hygrometer and I will let it sit overnight and see where things are tmrw,.

Now I can take my time and make sure that I get my wineador seasoned well and by the time my cigars get here, the igloodor will hopefully be steady and ready . That way I can place them in the igloo and everything in the igloo can transfer over to the wineador when its ready bah da boom.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Just remember, when you say "seasoning" you're talking about the wood absorbing moisture, NOT your cooler or wine fridge. There is no seasoning there. (non-porous surfaces and all) You're already rushing things by wiping the boxes with water. You want to let them absorb naturally through the air so they find their balance. Otherwise you could very easily over saturate your wood and it's going to take that much longer to find stasis. Also, get your RH media (KL/beads) out of there until your wood is seasoned. That is going to soak up moisture way faster than the wood is. (back to the part that "seasoning" is about the wood)

Last edited: