What's new

New Wineador came today...but a possible issue?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received my new wineador (NewAir CC-300today and when un-boxing it, I noticed a tiny green spot on one of the drawers. I'm not sure if it's mold or just discoloration. I've seen another piece of cedar with a strange blue-ish mark on it before. It was a think piece from a box of cigars I purchased. I haven't inspected everything super close yet. Just received, took out of the box and then had to run to work. I've attached a picture for others to judge.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's plume. :)

Hard to tell at that resolution. Kinda looks like marker. If it doesn't wipe right off, try a little hot water with bleach and let it dry well before you season the drawers. If you're still worried after that & have any non-VOC paint around, cover it with a dab of that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a paint transfer, by bumping into an object. You are there though.
I cleaned it this afternoon with everclear and it all came off. Hopefully it's just marker. Newair is sending me a new drawer anyway just for cs reason...so props to them.

Best of all...I set a hygro o there for 12 hours without starting seasoning and the humidity is already at 60. I put a few containers of dw and it quickly jumped to 62. So maybe I can start using soon. When I got it the wood felt somewhat damp.