What's new

New Wineador help

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On the average how long should it take for a wineador to season and get to 65-72%? I have four cedar trays in it with a shot glass of distilled water in it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would imagine it varies depending on what you use to regulate the RH. My wineador took 5-7 days to stabilize and I use kitty litter.

I'm unsure how to copy/paste using tapatalk. So search, "65% easily using kitty litter", it's a very useful thread. Cigary43 has been very helpful answering some questions for me.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
On the average how long should it take for a wineador to season and get to 65-72%? I have four cedar trays in it with a shot glass of distilled water in it.
I don't know the answer really depends on the size of wineador, type of coolling used in the wineador, and size/amount of cedar/wood in the wineador. I would recommend using a sponge(s) filled with distilled water (and putting that on a plate, tupperware container or on top of a plastic bag, something to keep from leaking water in your humidor) to speed up the seasoning of the cedar. Then after a few days - week remove the sponge(s) and put in your humidifying beads, kittly liter, or whatever you are using, to stabilize the rh

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Im in the middle of seasoning my second right now, usually it takes me under a week to season and stabilize but I'm finding its taking longer in the colder weather. Its quicker the less cedar you have inside of it, but stabilizes better with more.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My trays and the shot glasses filled with distilled water have been in there going on four days now.... I have four humidor trays that you can buy anywhere for $9. The inside measures 10"wide, 13" deep, and 17"tall andbi is staying right at 66 degrees. The Rh hasn't been below 88% since I hooked it up.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Lay a paper towel inside a shallow dish like a coffee filter and partially fill it with distiller water. Get most of the paper towel wet. That should speed it up a little bit.
Edit: wait are you trying to lower the RH? You said it hadn't been below 88%.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Every since the first night it has been above 80%. Am I doing something wrong?

....This is my first time doing this.
It's staying above 80% , but it's been at 88% for two days now.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Brewing,

You want that RH down below 75% brother. Preferably around 65% to no more than 75% IMO.

Too high of an RH will lead to mold problems.

See if you can start getting that RH down. Leave the door open for 5 minute periods after you pull the water or whatever out.

-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If you do leave the door open, make sure it's no longer than 5 minutes. Then wait a while till you can get an accurate reading from your hygrometer.

When did you last calibrate your hygrometer? And how did you do it?

-Chrisso

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Take the water out, wait a few hours and see where it's at. When you put the dry beads or KL in there it's going to absorb some of the RH and lower it.