What's new

NewAir 281E Temperature Problem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all. For the past several weeks, I've been having a problem with the temperature staying where I set it on the wine fridge. I have it set to 66 degrees but it stays between 58-61 degrees. The ambient temp in the room where it is stored is 64-70 in the in Winter months and sometimes up to 78 in the Summer months. Has anyone experienced an issue like this before with the on-board thermostat?

After doing some research, I've learned that the ambient temperature in the room can only be +/- a certain range or there may be problems. Now that the temps outside have warmed up a bit as well as the room where the wineador is stored, I was expecting to see the temp maintain closer to the temp I've been setting it at (66 degrees).

I've tried unplugging it for a while then back in, resetting the circuit breaker but nothing seems to work. I experienced a power surge some time ago and think it may have done some damage to the unit. I've been considering an external temperature control device from Johnson & Johnson but curious to understand why I can't get the temperature to match what I'm setting it at.

Any ideas as to what can be causing this? I have noticed my RH is not where I want it to be but it's not terrible. I have 2 Caliber III hygrometers in there and both hygro's and the built-in thermostat read the same temps all the time. This has me boggled. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

TIA

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
same issue with different machine.

Just life sometimes. It cools it too much. I just don't run it as much and put more beads.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. I wasn't getting emails for post updates. I guess I can try more beads and see if that restores things to normal. In fact, I think I will try more beads as a last resort to buying a ETC. What I find interesting is that I have to re-light more often now. I thought I would be burning through the cigars b/c they were a little less moist.