What's new

NewAir CC-300 questions

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can someone help me out with the internal dimensions of the NewAir CC-300? Distance between shelves?
How many boxes/sticks are you realistically able to store in the unit?
Any problems?

Thanks,

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Truly depends on the size of the cigar and how good you are at tetris. I don't have the CC-300, but I have the 281 with custom shelves/drawers (same wine cooler, just without the New-Air included drawers).

I can comfortably fit between 50-100 singles per drawer, depending on vitola. As far as boxes on the shelves, just kinda depends how you choose to set them up. I would say 400-600 cigars can fit no problem depending on vitola and your tetris skills.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'd have to measure one of the shelves I have pulled out later, but I currently have about 350+ in mine with the top three shelves out and about 7 small boxes at the top. I have three drawers. Got extra from newaire. I could still fit about 30+ maybe 40. If I packed it tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a cc300 and I 'd say you can realistically fit around 350 to 400 in it depending on vitola and box sizes. Anywhere between 50 and 100 in each drawer. I use the two drawers plus 3 of the 4 shelves and I could probably get more boxes in it but I don't like to cram it so full the air can't circulate at all. I haven't had any issues with it so far, just had to plug the drain hole.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the replies.
The manufacturers claim of 400 sounds fairly accurate, that's new.
I learned that the shelves are removable if I decide to stack boxes. Are they adjustable? Are there extra slots for the shelves or are the slots filled when you get it? I ask because I have a bunch of cedar trays already and I want to make the best use of them.

Thanks again for the replies.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Thanks for the replies.
The manufacturers claim of 400 sounds fairly accurate, that's new.
I learned that the shelves are removable if I decide to stack boxes. Are they adjustable? Are there extra slots for the shelves or are the slots filled when you get it? I ask because I have a bunch of cedar trays already and I want to make the best use of them.

Thanks again for the replies.
The shelves are movable and there are extra slots. You will likely not need your existing cedar trays

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
There are no dividers in the drawers at all so you may want to use your cedar trays to help organize in the drawers, or if you need to keep singles on a shelf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have close to 600 in mine, about 200 in each drawer (170 in one, 192 in the other) i was gifted 4, 7"x11"x2"(WxLxH) trays and those are all full and i have 4 boxes or so stuffed in it as well. I ordered 2 more drawers for it from a guy who makes custom drawers and humidors. 1lb of heartfelt beads and an oasis, though i removed the base of the oasis i only use it for the fan. Stays at 65% and 69° easy. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the help, I made room in some existing boxes so crises averted, for now, but I think it won't be long before I place an order to Sams.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I also added some cooler guys fans an speed controller to aid in circulation. I have noticed if I turn them all the way up it causes the cooling to run more than needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for posting the pics and measurements, will definitely put it in my letter to Santa! Looks like the shelves are adjustable about 2 inches apart vertically? The shelves are 14 by 14.5 inches.

I'm trying to decide between building a 36" wide by 24" deep by 7ft tall closet type humidor or just expand my storage room with the NewAirs as I need them. I estimate around $1400 of materials for the home built cabinet. Hard to justify the labor and expense when I can store 400 cigars for $350 especially since I plan on keeping the storage I already have

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Thanks for posting the pics and measurements, will definitely put it in my letter to Santa! Looks like the shelves are adjustable about 2 inches apart vertically? The shelves are 14 by 14.5 inches.

I'm trying to decide between building a 36" wide by 24" deep by 7ft tall closet type humidor or just expand my storage room with the NewAirs as I need them. I estimate around $1400 of materials for the home built cabinet. Hard to justify the labor and expense when I can store 400 cigars for $350 especially since I plan on keeping the storage I already have
Hard to justify spending $350 for 400 cigars when you can get the same thing for $45 or so in a cooler.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can't keep the temperature in the ice chests I have now in the 60s when the house stays in the 80s.

I can store about 550 cigars with the refrigerator setup I have now.
An ITC-308 temp controller is about $40. Weather proof tuperdoors and the cedar trays to go inside the tuperdoors maybe another $100 - $120. The math works if I am able to get another refrigerator for under $200.00.

Now that I think about it Wifey is wanting a new kitchen fridge, Kills two birds with one stone sort of thing but I sure think that NewAir would look good sitting in my office.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I can't keep the temperature in the ice chests I have now in the 60s when the house stays in the 80s.

I can store about 550 cigars with the refrigerator setup I have now.
An ITC-308 temp controller is about $40. Weather proof tuperdoors and the cedar trays to go inside the tuperdoors maybe another $100 - $120. The math works if I am able to get another refrigerator for under $200.00.

Now that I think about it Wifey is wanting a new kitchen fridge, Kills two birds with one stone sort of thing but I sure think that NewAir would look good sitting in my office.
Was your closet humidor going to be refrigerated?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yep that's one reason it's so expensive around $470 for a thermo-electric system from TE electronics. They have a handy calculator on their site to determine heat loads and the size of the system required.