What's new

NewAir Craigslist find

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so pumped! Went on Craigslist just a few minutes ago on a whim and found a NewAir AW-181E that was just posted today for $100! I called the number right away and a very pleasant lady answered and said it was still available. I asked if I could get it tonight and she said of course. While I was on the phone with her she placed me on hold and took TWO other calls, BOTH were asking about the wine cooler. I'm glad I didn't wait to call.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
photo-3.jpg

Here she is. The only thing I'm not happy about is that the lady who was selling it did not have the handle for some reason. She said she has only put bottles in there twice. She also said it was less than 6 months old. There are absolutely no dents or scratches so I believe her.

I have read about the "drain plug" on other threads. I'm assuming its the small hole you can see on the bottom from the inside? I removed the tray on the underneath of the unit and put some electrical tape over the hole. Was that the right thing to do?

Also, the cedar trays I have are too wide to fit in, so I have to put them in long ways (I hope that makes sense). I am looking into ordering some drawers from Forrest but he has no pictures of what they look like on this model. I would like to gauge how much room I would have if I did order them. Does anyone here have this same model with drawers from Forrest, or know of any pics?

Another question: The fan on the back of the unit blows directly on my trays and sticks. Is this a problem? If I ordered drawers from Forrest would they provide a better barrier from direct fan air? I'm probably going to keep it running 24/7 at the highest temp, 66 degrees.

Thanks for any help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a measurement of the center to center hole spacing and with that go to your local hardware store. They can order a pull that will fit. Also, you can take a look at emtek.com. They have some nice stuff and you can get the specifications for the pull that you like.

Electrical tape over the drain plug is perfect, that's exactly what I did and it's holding the RH fine. Some people recommend caulk but I didn't want the smell.

Send Forrest an an email with your model number. He may have pictures that are not on his website. He is so easy to work with and I can't recommend him enough. Fantastic work at a fair price. (Also, here is a link to his photo bucket account. Maybe you can find something there). http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/wineadors/library/?sort=2&page=1

The drawers from Forrest do not go all the way to the back of the unit, so I haven't noticed a problem with the air hitting the cigars directly.

You are also in the sweet spot for temperature.

Good luck!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will share my wineadore craigslist story.... :)

Here in the PNW there are literally hundreds of winecoolers on craigslist, so I had been keeping my eye out for a deal in my area. I found a V28 listed for $25 because the cooler was not working and was making a whining noise. First thought was "PERFECT" because the cooler is not necessary. I headed down right away and when I got their they were frustrated and felt bad because when they plugged it in to show me, it did nothing at all. Second thought..."PERFECT". Walked out of there taking it off their hands for nothing. The issue was the refrigeration part of the circuit board which I didn't need anyway.

Also, I'd encourage anyone building a wineadore to buy a couple of these FANS . They look great and are very effective with one on the bottom and replace the inside fan a new blue one.

--TG :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Here's another pic. I owe everything to the brotherhood here. There was so much info available on here about these it made it really easy to make the transition to a wineador.

The boxes in there (besides the bottom) are just randoms I picked up at the BandM to put my sticks in. I have 1lb of 65% beads up top and a small container of KL (only because I didn't have any more beads) on the very bottom behind the Sopranos sampler red box. The KL picks up any and all condensation. Everything stays at a rock steady 65%. I couldn't be happier.