What's new

Newair stopped working??

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I came home tonight after a short trip to find that my almost brand new (a couple months, maybe...) Newair CC-280E stopped working... It just won't go on. I tried a couple different outlets (which was a neat trick given that it was full of cigars).

Anyone seen this before? I'm sure it's still under warranty, but it would be pretty frustrating to have to send it back. Ideas?

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Is anything working, The lights, the fan, the cooling? Have you plugged another device to the outlets to insure they are working. All outlets in a room are often on the same breaker

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for the reply. It appears to be dead, dead. The outlets are definitely working (plugged in a few other things to be sure). The really odd thing (and I swear I wasn't drinking or on drugs) is that right as I was going to sleep last night, it turned on. I watched it for a couple minutes to make sure I wasn't going nuts, then went to sleep. When I woke up, it was off again and no way to turn it back on.

Pretty frustrating and pretty strange...

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Sorry you are going through that Tom. I'm sure Newair will come through with a new one, but the pure hassle of it all totally blows. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Also would not hurt to insure the Mao components are free of dust. Since these it is work with a heat sink dust is the enemy. If you have any compressed air blow out the Vents.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
call 855-963-9247 for new air customer support. They will be better at troubleshooting than we are I think.
Also let us know the outcome. Many new airs in the house so it's good know know what others have faced.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the reply. It appears to be dead, dead. The outlets are definitely working (plugged in a few other things to be sure). The really odd thing (and I swear I wasn't drinking or on drugs) is that right as I was going to sleep last night, it turned on. I watched it for a couple minutes to make sure I wasn't going nuts, then went to sleep. When I woke up, it was off again and no way to turn it back on.

Pretty frustrating and pretty strange...
For $80 an electrician or refrigerator repairman will have it working again. Sounds like a circuit. I wouldn't worry. If it needs a part or parts, it was faulty manufacturing and they should honor your warranty.

slicer

JASON A.K.A. SLICER
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had one stop cooling. The interior fan stop but, the rear fan was working. Long story short, it was over filled with boxes like tetris and the cooling unit and fan was frozen (packed full of ice) due to lack of cold air circulation. I took off the fan guard and removed the ice and it was good as new. I was lucky i noticed it right away, preventing water damage to the smokes if it decided to start defrosting. Hopefully yours will be a easy fix.